TE Connectivity is Hiring | R&D Engineer |
Position – R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com
BU / FUNCTION DESCRIPTION :
TE Appliance BU designs solutions to meet the daily demands of home appliances. From motor connections in a hand mixer to sensors in a smart refrigerator, and from switching a heating element on a cooktop to protecting a bundle of wires in a dishwasher, TE offers solutions. We can help you enhance the reliability of your connections, improve the efficiency of both your assembly operations and your appliances, and much more. Our expansive range of standard products is supplemented by an array of custom-designed solutions.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE
- Will be part of connector & terminal design.
- Deliver global NPD and Sustenance project activities like Concept generation, Concept validation, Creation of detailed designs and drawings, creation of product validation / Qualification test plans, Perform component fit and function analysis.
- Design of ‘Connector’ Plastic and Sheet metal components in Creo by applying DFM/DFA principles.
- Perform tolerance stack analysis, DFMEA, conduct design reviews and basic FEA simulation.
- Review Dimension / test reports and provide engineering approvals to Tools/ products
- Perform Engineering change management in Windchill and create necessary Product Specifications and documents.
- Work on customer queries and field failures.
- Should be able to interact with global stakeholder (PM/Sales etc.) and directly with Customers and communicate technical details efficiently.
- Should evaluate & handle Agency (UL, CSA and VDE) approval requirements for the products
- Identify VAVE opportunities and work with plant and other stake holders to implement them.
- Collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives using TEOA / Digital methodologies
- B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years of hands on experience in End to End product development of Plastic and Sheet metal components.
- Expert in design and development of Terminal , Power and Signal Interconnects products using complex precision components
- Good understanding of various engineering deliverables at different gates during Product development process. Experience in reverse engineering an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes (Moulding, stamping, plating and assy)
- Proficient with standards of modeling, drafting and Engineering change procedures.
- Proficient working knowledge of Creo & Windchill. Ability to run FEA simulation (Structural)
- Experience in connectors design, Knowledge of wire termination techniques (crimping, soldering, welding etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Voice of Customer, Design to Value, DoE, 8D and LEAN Manufacturing (Green Belt in Six Sigma is desirable).
- General knowledge of industry specifications such as UL, IEC, and EIA are desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to communicate Globally at all levels internally and externally
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage projects with minimal supervision. This includes multiple projects and multi-task situations, with the ability to prioritize, set, and achieve goals
- Innovation demeanor Problem solving
- Passion for technology
- Talent development
- Clear and concise communication