Spread the love
Position – Product Engineer II
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices.
- The Product Engineer will support the design and development of Medical Devices.
What your background should look like:
- Work with global multi-functional project team
- Manage sustenance engineering tasks for Medical products and related documentation.
- Understand the functional requirements of a product and ensure that the design changes meet the functional requirement
- Generate 3D models (Plastic & Sheet metal) & drawings using Creo / SolidWorks using any PLM/PDM tools
- Produce detailed Engineering Drawings, update existing drawings as per change requests
- Create and edit Engineering BOMs according to requirement
- Knowledge of application of GD&T in to drawings
- Work with PLM, EC applications and ENG. doc. management systems.
- Properly document and internally communicate all technical discoveries, inventions, and intellectual property. Maintain confidential and proprietary information and communications as property of TE.
- Bachelor’s in engineering (Mechanical); M.S. in Engineering
- Demonstrated product development experience
Critical Experience/ Competencies
- Minimum three or more years of related Medical product design and development engineering experience.
- Fair knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes (e.g., plastic injection molding, machining)
- Proven technical contribution through creative product design
- Innovative mechanical design skills including but not limited to frequent use of 2D and 3D CAD (Creo and/or SolidWorks) modeling and Model Based Definition, GD&T, and prototype creation.
- Can-do attitude, resourceful, action oriented, and drive for results.
- Good problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Spread the love