Position – Sr. Quality Engineering Supervisor
Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Responsibilities of the Role :
- Dealing with all suppliers for Quality Issues & MOS with Suppliers and SB team for Supplier Improvements.
- Monitoring daily Quality Pyramid in tier meeting for incoming and line side supplier issues.
- Identification & raising of non-conformity to supplier through NCM, CAR, COPQ, PPM & effectively managing containment activity in the plant to provide risk free parts for production & avoiding line stoppages.
- Approving ODT / NCM / RMRA / Deviation approval to the supplier to deliver parts to the manufacturing plants.
- Monitoring Defects/Feedback for suppliers to identify any existing problems using DMAIC methodology to identify & eliminate root cause sustainably on appropriate system.
- Process audit knowledge (including review of FMEA / Control Plan / MSA), understanding of the Drawings, specifications, PPAP Process, applicable tools (FMEA, GR&R, Control plans, Sampling, Capability studies, etc.)
- Participate in planning of supplier quality activities, share knowledge with team, training, etc.
- Ensuring that suppliers support production requirements as per quality and delivery requirements.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Application, Manufacturing and SQD to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specific Failed on Arrival/Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures, and plant defects.
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production and process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; people management skill & product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, etc.
- Supporting the ODT process for packaging approval, measurement co-relation & protocol approval at ODT stage.
Education: – B.E./ DME Mechanical with 12-15 years’ experience in reputed automotive industry in the area of Incoming Inspection & Supplier Quality Assurance.
Skills and experiences: –
- Knowledge of automotive QMS & IATF-16949
- Knowledge of GD&T & Supplier processes for effective understanding of Quality issue & resolution through systematic application of Quality tools.
- Experience in effectively communicating, influencing & successfully coordinating with various functions of the organization until issue resolution.