Position – Product Engineer
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers, or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
What your background should look like:
- To provide sustaining support on existing product ranges: EN & MIL AERO Connectors. Involves working closely with a cross-functional team in the plant to provide engineering solutions to production/manufacturing/assembly and other related concerns on a daily basis.
- Identify and work on margin improvement programs from existing products. This involves working with the Product Management team on potential products and also with cross-functional teams on cost-out options for existing product lines.
- To work closely with the Global Engineering and project management team to support the transfer of work projects. Responsibilities include reviewing and understanding the product design, release all drawings, assembly instructions, and other engineering documents to help smooth transfer.
- Work closely with the plant team on customer complaint resolution by providing technical support on product design, form, and function.
- Support standard body certifications such as ASD Cert for EN / MIL certification for product lines as required.
- To keep abreast of new technologies, materials, and processes and use the information to initiate cost-saving or product-enhancing projects.
- To contribute to achieving departmental targets – specifically ‘Delivery on Time’ targets for sustaining activities.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Engineering Manager.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical engineering.
- 5+ Years of experience in product life cycle management in Aerospace, Automotive or Industrial Domain Industries
- Experience in Product life cycle management role.
- Experience in direct interaction with customers.
- Experience in manufacturing processes like Machining and Molding.
- Good knowledge of Stamping, Plating and other Metal Forming process. Knowledge in additive manufacturing process.
- Hands on experience in design tools such as GD&T, DFMEA, DFM, and Tolerance Stack ups.
- Good Problem solving and Analytical Skills.
- Good knowledge in Creo/Solidworks software.
- Good Knowledge and hands on experience in PDM windchill & PLM software.
- Knowledge of statistical process control methodology, DFSS is an advantage.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat, and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.