Position – R&D/Product DVL Engineer I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
Design & Development of automotive connector system.
- Connector design (Plastic parts) which involves 3D modelling (Concepts/APM models), Proposal / Performing basic simulation study / Detail drawings for costing and manufacturing.
- Conduct design reviews and design optimization.
- Connector testing & validation as per OEM’s specifications.
- Understand market and customer needs by fostering a connection between the business engineering teams and the customer engineering teams.
- Work closely with customer/sales/PM in getting the right and clear VOC (Voice of Customer), make engineering evaluation/proposal to customer.
- Maintain a system level understanding of customer application and the concept necessary for providing a solution to the customers expectation.
- Follow LEANPD Project Process to support project team from PDE perspective to complete Project (NPI or Sustaining) on time, quality and budget. Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained.
- Technical support to customer, sales, PM and plant team. Conduct necessary test, engineering analysis, trouble shooting and verification.
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality and cost objectives.
- Apply engineering best practice to reduce cost and sustain exiting products to meet customer’s cost targets.
- Bachelor’s degree (Mechanical Engr)
- Knowledge about various phases of product realization and product development.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art design tools such as Creo modelling, Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T), GPS, Electrical & Electronic Components design and Simulation.
- Basic knowledge in manufacturing process (Machining, Molding, Stamping, Plating, etc.,) will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to High Voltage connectors is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge about defects which will occur on Plastic & Metal components will be an added advantage.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.