TE Connectivity is hiring | Engineer |
Position – R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
The Research and Development Engineer is responsible for providing engineering knowledge, skill and ability to handle such tasks as: project management, engineering design, prototyping development, gathering of pertinent background information and leading project and design teams from conception through commercial launch of medical devices. Additionally, the Research and Development Engineer will be responsible for procuring material quotes, interacting with customers while ensuring full compliance to FDA QSR (21 CFR 820) and applicable ISO 13485 requirements.
• Will be responsible for establishing product requirements, concept prototyping, design and development (including verification and validation), risk/failure mode assessment, performance and safety testing.
- Coordinate time and activities of others and/or service as a project leader for cross-functional programs.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Reviews or coordinates outside vendor activities to support development.
- Manages or develops technical solutions to design problems with vendors and in-house resources through design reviews, design audits and prototype analysis.
- Interface with customers and internal departments articulating team activities and progress.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to improve process, procedure, and cost.
- May directly supervise one or more technicians or assemblers.
Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering with minimum 6 years’ experience in a related regulated medical device environment. Or a master’s degree with 2-3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, education, and experience.
- Technical contribution through creative product design solutions that have been successfully launched into the market.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.