Position – Asst. Manager / Manager Manufacturing Machine Shop
Company – Tata Steel
Exp. – 3 to 10 years
Location – Adityapur, Jharkhand, India
The Context / Purpose of the Job
The role is responsible for different machining activities at the Machine Shop as per the approved production plan. He is required to suggest mechanisms and processes to maximize capacity utilization of resources. Ensure adherence to quality and environmental standards. He will be required to coordinate with the Production Engineering Department (PED) and ensure Standard Activity Hour (SAH) generation. He should monitor and maintain his department’s cost as per budget. He is required to ensure the safety and health of personnel engaged in the shop floor and plan and execute their training program.
a. Overall objective of the role
- Ensure the safety of personnel deployed in the team by adhering to Safety guidelines.
- Execute the job as per plan and agreed timelines within the approved budget. Evaluate possibilities to improve process and implement.
- Improving productivity and SAH by effective utilization of available resources. Ensure to meet pre-decided quality parameters. Also, work to improve quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and positive Isolation adherence to improve safety on the shop floor. Also, review and revise SOPs as needed.
- Maintain records of equipment/gadgets in use and arrange for timely maintenance.
- Develop a plan for capability development of the team and arrange for training.
- Drive TQM initiatives in the section. Ensure participation in SIP, Kaizen, etc.
- Implement necessary actions to ensure Safety, Health, and environment (SHE) excellence initiatives across all respective Areas to achieve zero Fatality and limit LTI within the target. Ensure safety requirements like SOPs, Positive isolation, and adherence.
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutory provisions
b. Major tasks & responsibilities
- Loading of jobs on machines as per plan and Ensuring the right parameters running on machines
- In-process inspection.
- Maintain zero delay due to tools and accessories by Arranging beforehand tool boxes, inserts, accessories, and measuring instruments on the machine.
- Ensure no damage to machines and their tools and accessories.
- Movement of the jobs after operation completion to the next workstation along with complete documents on real real-time basis.
- Ensure daily reporting on Losses, rework, SAH compliance
- Ensure Safety, Housekeeping, and 5S in section, Involvement in improvement activities generates ideas and implements with an action plan.
- Machining operations.
- Drawing Knowledge.
- Process writing.
- Shop floor management.
- Data analysis (7 C tools)
- Knowledge of tools and accessories.
- CAD CAM, Programming
- MS Office
B.E/B.Tech -Mechanical/ Production Engineering- Full time – AICTE/ UGC Approved Institutes.