Position – PROFESSIONAL FT PRODUCTION
Company – TATA Motors
Location – Maharashtra, IN
Position Summary with Job Responsibilities
Purpose of the position : This role is responsible for achieving Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery, Cost, morale & Environment (SQPDCME) targets at the line & SDT level, and training operators on specific skills required. Role involves driving improvement initiatives on the production line.
Dimensions of the position : Direct Reportee – Contractual Staff & Team Leaders
Education: Bachelors in engineering
- Technical Knowledge
- Process Orientation
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Time Management
- Quality Management
- Memorandum of settlement
- 0- 3 Years
- Need to have exposure in Auto industry dynamics, trends and practices & Processes.
1 Planning & Implementation
- Prepare and plan the schedule for production to meet the day to day requirements of the production function.
- Implement and attain the safety, quality, productivity, delivery, cost, and morale, environment (SQPDCME) target for each line & also at SDT level.
- Identify and improve the reduction in SR/ FR and PPE adherence by contractors & all employees on the shop floor and follow all consequence management policy.
- Schedule and Co-ordinate daily sunrise meeting and pay attention to the issues/ concerns raised.
- Honour timelines and prevent delay of all kinds as per production schedule.
- Inspect and evaluate the vehicle history card maintenance
- Maintain records of Vehicle maintenance.
- Ensure continuous improvement in productivity, quality, reduction of defects and examine the safety incidences.
- Inspect equipment’s during the breakdown and make arrangements for repairing and ensure to fix the problem to make it available for further
- Production process.
2 Finance Management
- Complete the production activities within the budget and help reduction in the variable cost.
3 People Management
- Plan and conduct training for the operation team to develop skills required for the production process.
- Identify the areas of improvements to enhance the quality and the capacity of the production.
Education – BTech
Work Experience – 0 to 3 years
Tata Motors Leadership Competencies
- Customer Centricity – Anticipating, understanding and focusing efforts on meeting the customer (stakeholders) needs or expectations
- Developing Self and Others – Recognizing continuous development is essential for success and taking steps to develop self and helping others to excel
- Driving Execution – Translating strategy into action and execution
- Leading by Example – Encouraging and following ethical standards
- Leading Change – Recognizing the need for change, initiating and adapting to change
- Motivating Self and Others – Inspiring teams and individuals
About the Company
Part of the USD110 billion Tata group founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, Tata Motors is among the world’s leading manufacturers of automobiles. We believe in ‘Connecting aspirations’, by offering innovative mobility solutions that are in line with customers’ aspirations. We are India’s largest automobile manufacturer, and we continue to take the lead in shaping the Indian commercial vehicle landscape, with the introduction of leading-edge powertrains and electric solutions packaged for power performances and user comfort at the lowest life-cycle costs. Our new passenger cars and utility vehicles are based on Impact Design and offer a superior blend of performance, driveability and connectivity.
Our focus on connecting aspirations and our pipeline of tech-enabled products keeps us at the forefront of the market. We have identified six key mobility drivers that will lead us into the future – modular architecture, complexity reduction in manufacturing, connected & autonomous vehicles, clean drivelines, shared mobility, and low total cost of ownership. Our sub-brand TAMO is an incubating centre of innovation that will spark new mobility solutions through new technologies, business models and partnerships.
Our mission – across our globally dispersed organisation – is to be passionate in anticipating and providing the best vehicles and experiences that excite our global customers.