Position – Engineer – CAD
Company – TATA Motors
Location – Maharashtra, IN
Position Summary with Job Responsibilities
Position Description Format
Position Name CAD Engineer Position level L5
DEM position name Power Train integration Head >500V DEM position level L4
FEM position name NA FEM position level NA
Purpose of the position
a.Why the positions exist?
b.What will happen if there is no one in the position (no one performs the work)?
a.This role is responsible for packaging study and release of HV Aggregates. Also responsible for the Design and analysis of Interface brackets.
b.This role is important to ensure proper packaging of HV Aggregates and developing the brackets, resolving the DVLO
Dimensions of the position
Non-financial: Timely completion of packaging of HV Aggregates.
Total reporter under this position: NIL
Education B.Tech/BE/ME/M.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Vehicle, EV, and hybrid vehicle sub-system knowledge that affect vehicle performance parameters.
- Understanding of vehicle sub-system design and development.
- Knowledge about system design and system integration of vehicles.
- Mechanical system design & Stress analysis
Relevant Experience :
Minimum experience requirement – 2 Years +
Work experience in Electric Vehicles & CAD Packaging
Working knowledge requirement
- Good CAD modeling capability by using the CATIA V5 tool.
- Preparation of 2D, with good knowledge of GDNT.
- Good Knowledge of PLM usage.
- Mechanical system design and CAE analysis
- Good communication skills (written and Oral communication).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
Key Responsibility & Key Tasks – Measures
Contribution to Regular deliverables
- CAD modeling of mechanical system components of EV vehicle and vehicle DMU management
- Technical Documentation and Preparation of 2D drawing.
- Design release through PLM and support to vehicle proto development.
- DR(Design Release) deliverables, preparation of 4D
- Handling vehicle Digital packaging and Clarence of packaging issue
- Closely working with VI and COC’s team to finalize Vehicle DMU
- Mechanical design of brackets and interface systems & CAE support Adherence to Quality, Cost & Time parameters at each project gateway.
Key actions and decisions (Long term and Short term)
- PLM releases according to the DR gateway’s Adherence to Quality, Cost & Time parameters at each project gateway.
Nature of problems faced/ Scope of improvement opportunities
- Benchmark data analysis
- CAD Resources
- PLM releases Timely completion
Tata Motors Leadership Competencies
Customer Centricity – Anticipating, understanding, and focusing efforts on meeting the customer’s (stakeholders’) needs or expectations
Developing Self and Others – Recognizing continuous development is essential for success and taking steps to develop self and helping others to excel
Driving Execution – Translating strategy into action and execution
Leading by Example – Encouraging and following ethical standards
Leading Change – Recognizing the need for change, initiating and adapting to change
Motivating Self and Others – Inspiring teams and individuals