Position – Assistant Manager – Projects
Company – Tata Chemicals
Location – Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu, IN
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding the Project Requirements
- Ensuring Safety Throughout during designing, planning, construction, commissioning and operations
- Developing a Project Plans
- Developing Floor Plans and Layouts
- Equipment Design, Selection, Sourcing & / or Fabrication
- Developing and implementing Schemes related to Utilities
- Resource Management
- Carry out feasibility studies of the new projects, de-bottlenecking plans, modifications and expansion of existing plants.
- Preparation of project implementation schedule.
- Preparation of PFDs, PIDs, layout plans and detailed engineering prepared in-house or through external agencies.
- Preparation of specifications, identifying suppliers, contractors, placing orders and executing the same.
- Conduct performance tests and handover the project to operations team.
- Coordinating with other internal departments like finance, procurement, safety, electrical, instrument, construction etc for execution of projects.
- Manage projects from concept to commissioning.
- Preparing Project Dossier
- Strong managerial, Analytical & planning skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skill
- Good planning skill
- Good command over MS office & MS Projects
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
- Core technical competencies required for the role
|Qualifications and Education Requirements: BE – Mechanical having experience in the execution of projects preferably in the process industry / EPC Company.|
minimum experience : 3 – 8 years
The story of the company is about harnessing the fruits of science for goals that go beyond business. We operate through two verticals – Basic Chemistry and Specialty Chemistry. The company’s Basic Chemistry product range provides key ingredients to many of the world’s leading brands for glass, detergents, pharma, biscuit manufacturing, bakeries and other industries.
We have the largest saltworks in Asia, and are the 3rd largest soda ash manufacturer and the 6th largest sodium bicarbonate manufacturer in the world.
Our innovations in Specialty Chemistry have led to establishing Tata NQ — India’s first and only nutritional science business. We have pioneered the production of Fossence and Gossence, a range of healthy prebiotic products which is marketed to B2B customers across India, North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. The company has a strong position in the crop protection business through its subsidiary company Rallis India Ltd.
Our green patented technology for manufacturing Highly Dispersible Silica is focused on delivering value addition to a number of industries, including high performance tyres, oral care, paints and additives, etc. In Energy Sciences, we are creating a platform to provide cutting-edge solutions around Lithium Ion cell technology.
Our strength lies in science and our Innovation Centre at Pune is home to world-class R&D capabilities in nanotechnology and biotechnology. Our other innovation centres are located at Mithapur and Bengaluru.
Sustainability as a practice is at the core of all of Tata Chemicals’ activities, including our corporate social responsibility initiatives, and is intricately woven into all our business functions. In 2018, we set up the Centre of Excellence for Coastal and Marine Conservation, and the Centre for Sustainable Agriculture and Farm Excellence. Our vision is to be a leading sustainable chemicals solutions company serving customers through innovation and science.