Position – Quality Engineer
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is to advance a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Responsible for Leading the Quality function and day-to-day In-process Quality verification with consistent result both in terms of Quality and Quantity to meet daily plant output/customer requirements.
- Incoming Material inspection based on provided specification.
- Performing in-process quality inspection for accuracy, specification parameters and workmanship.
- Develop and implement best quality processes in production.
- Tabulate and document data relating to products, processes, materials, its qualities, and reliabilities.
- Train staff, technicians, and professionals on the aspects of quality control activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to quality using quality tools (DMAIC, 8D, 4Q, PDCA etc.)
- Capture and analysis of COPQ in order to achieve savings.
- Ensure the implementation of P-FMEA from D-FMEA to the production control plan
- 5S planning and implementation.
- Support during Customer Inspections, QAP drafting and approvals etc.
- Implementing Poka-Yoke wherever possible to prevent quality errors and improve safety levels.
- Support and lead continuous improvement programs, problem-solving and process improvement activities.
- Report downtime, Possible trends, Analyses, and report generation.
- Conduct benchmarking studies, Root cause analysis to determine best practices/designs and future trends. Shares functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, and policies that are related to Quality function. Knowledge on IS, IEC, IEEE, CIGRE and other standards is a must.
- Implement cost-reduction initiatives while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Provides training and guidance to team members to accomplish the organization’s goals.
- NCR Management.
- Ensuring calibration of Instruments used in the process.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Shall be Optimistic, Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, Self-assured and welcoming change.
- Independently determines approach and assigned tasks.
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together and is committed to the team’s development.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices.
- Understanding of Electrical Symbols, Schematic and drawings and other technical information.
- Planning and prioritizing activities.
- Ability to present data effectively, Problem-solving skills, and logical approach.
- Ability to train the work group and lead teams within the workgroup.
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Candidate must be a qualified BE / B. Tech in Electrical / Mechanical / Instrumentation/ Electronics Engineering with Relevant experience minimum of 3 – 5 years.
- Awareness on ISO 9001:2015 and Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition toward a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and an unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com