Position – Assistant Manager / Senior Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – SYNTEGON
Location – Verna, Goa, IN
Syntegon Technology is a leading global process and packaging technology provider. Formerly the packaging division of the Bosch Group, the company, headquartered in Waiblingen (Germany), has been offering complete solutions for the pharmaceutical and food industries for over 50 years. More than 6,100 employees at 30 locations in more than 15 countries generated total revenue of 1.3 billion euros in 2018. The portfolio of intelligent and sustainable technologies includes stand-alone machines, as well as complete systems and services. Fields of application in the pharmaceutical industry are the production, processing, filling, inspection, and packaging of liquid and solid pharmaceuticals (e.g. syringes and capsules). In the food industry, the portfolio includes process technology for confectionery as well as packaging solutions for dry foods (e.g. bars, bakery products, and coffee), frozen foods, and dairy products
- Design, development, and release for packaging machine commercial orders. Customization of machines as per customer requirements. Development of new modules / new applications in the order,
- Preparation of drawings, Bill of materials, layouts, etc.
- Preparation of technical documentation for commercial orders, use of Quality gates system.
- Localization of imported parts and development of cost-effective solutions.
- Technical support to a cross-functional team.
- Maintenance and updating of the design database.
- Participation in functional and cross-functional Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintenance of technical documentation and periodic review.
- Preparation and attending internal/external audits for dept.
- Customer visit for attending serious complaints / new proposals/ customer CIP etc.
- BE Mechanical with a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in the design and development of packaging machines used in food and confectionary applications or special purpose machines.
- Expertise in Solid works 2018 tool, exposure in Auto Cad 2017.
- Experience in Machine / Equipment design.
- Knowhow on materials, surface treatments, manufacturing processes, pneumatic systems, etc.
- Knowledge of Quality & Safety standards, ISO systems.
- Working knowledge of SAP modules.
- Awareness about the control system design.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.