Position – Sr. Project Leader – Piston Technology
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
With an objective to further strengthen our ties with product companies & customer centers & to improve the overall efficiency of the team, we are now looking for a dynamic, result-oriented person to strengthen the GECIA services of Piston Competence.
To plan and monitor project execution and resolve escalated issues both internally and externally.
With the objective of delivering projects within the estimated time, cost and quality standards.
Within the limits of GECIA’s structure, processes, and guidelines.
1. Project Planning
Upon receipt of the project brief, define project deliverables, key milestones, and project plan; Understand boundaries of the project against the statement of work; Define the work to be carried out by vendors; Assign the project team based on an understanding of the competencies and skillsets required for the project; Seek feedback from the SDH for all the plans, incorporate suggestions and share the final plan with the client
In order to effectively plan the project delivery
2. Project Execution
Monitor work activities, deliverables, adherence to the SOPs, resource utilization, and efficiency on a daily basis for both internal project team and vendors; Resolve technical queries raised by the team with respect to project execution; Coordinate with departments like TL administration and ACBS to resolve issues related to IT and licensing; Monitor progress against the time estimates and raise overruns the SDH / Client; Provide inputs to the SDH to update the SOPs and on training required by the team
In order to deliver the project within the defined time and cost
3. Internal and External Reporting
Discuss updates, red flags, and unresolved issues with the Project SDH weekly during project review meetings; Make mid-course corrections to project plan and seek sign off from the SDH; Provide status update to the client weekly; Present deliverables to the client on achievement of key milestones
In order to update internal and external stakeholders with project progress
4. Quality checks
Conduct quality checks of key deliverables and provide feedback to the team; Analyse the quality scores on the project after job close; Discuss quality scores with the SDH and Project Team and put plans in place to prevent recurrence of quality lapses
In order to monitor adherence to the defined quality standards
5. People Management
Provide inputs for performance review and planning; Resolve conflicts within team members; Support team building activities; Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals; Suggest improvement areas; Mentor team; Increase engagement levels in the team; provide inputs for skill development in the team; allocate the work amongst team members
In order to build a performance-oriented culture within the project team
6. Pre-sales support
Provide time estimates to the SDH and assist in creating proposals for end customers
In order to provide accurate information to the end customer while bidding for projects.
What you can expect from us?
- Project management skills.
- Expert in technical competence.
- You know how to run a project successfully.
- You will regularly be in contact with other CT Product Companies & Customer Centres.
- Experience with operational issues.
Minimum Educational Requirement : B.E. (Mechanical)
Expected Skills :
- Project Management Skills.
- People Management Skills.
- Dynamic, Result Oriented, customer-focused.
- Domain or Functional Expertise.
Ability to manage as per new talent framework :
- Drive customer success
- Improve business result
- Lead me
- Focus on team success
- committed to sustainable growth
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- A culture is known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on technically interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- A Pivotal Role with a large group of people management
What do we expect of you?
7 to 10 years of experience in the mechanical design field & leading engineering projects. A piston compressor background will be an added advantage.
- You are entrepreneurial, communicate easily, and are open to different cultures.
- You are very customer-minded, enthusiastic, and professional.
- You are capable of working under time pressure in order to respect deadlines.
- You are able to integrate smoothly into the existing team and stimulate knowledge sharing between your colleagues. You are also able to collaborate easily with colleagues in the engineering departments from other divisions and customer centers.
- You also maintain good relations with third parties.
City – Pune
Start Date: 14/04/2021
Expiry Date: 28/04/2021
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us, you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.