Position – Staff Engineer- Design Engineer Mechanical
Company – Stryker
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
1.1 Job Title: Design engineer
This person contributes towards delivering projects at SGTC. This Role demands sound technical academics and background. He / She needs to frequently Interface with cross functional divisional counterparts in US and vendor base elsewhere working towards product development.
1.2 Reports to: Associate Manager
1.3 Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently lead and timely execution of complete project deliverables.
- Ensure continual improvement in quality, delivering higher value services.
- Participate in the entire NPD process including concept designing, supplier selection, testing, design finalization, Verification and Validation activities.
- Managing communications with vendors and other entities as needed
- Communicating effectively across all project disciplines and cross functional teams at global locations to ensure project team and senior management are aware of upcoming milestones and risks/issues.
- Perform detailed design work and creation of drawings using Pro/Engineer.
- Conduct static and fatigue stress analysis on developed designs using FEA
Technical Skill Set
- Expert in Mechanical Design Engineering.
- Solid 3D CAD modeling skills (Pro-E).
- Generation of drawings for manufacturing.
- Good Product Design & Development Experience particularly for medical devices.
- Concept designing and development and proofing by hand calculation, FEA reports / Problem Solving Skills.
- Expert in DFMEA, DFM/DFA, Tolerance Stack-up, Risk Analysis
- Ability to set up new test methods, verification and validation activities knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management and Documentation.
- Prototype Development and Testing
- Product and Concept Design, Design Controls, Good knowledge of Machining and prototyping fundamental.
- Should have prior awareness of defining verification and validation methods.
- Solid GD&T Fundamentals.
- Experience in Material Selection Knowledge (materials specific to medical devices).
- Awareness about ISO13485 and International standards, and norms
- Knowledge of Change Control Procedures and NPD Processes
- Reviewing technical documents
1.4 Desired Profile
The successful applicant should have an excellent mechanical engineering background, good attention to detail, be self-motivated and effective in a team environment under a high work load with multiple responsibilities
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 1-3 years
- Should be ready to travel to divisions as required.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills.
- Highly developed analysis and problem solving skills
1.5 Additional Information
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.