Position – Associate Building Mechanical Engineer
Company – Stantec
Location – Maharashtra, IN
Stantec is a global design and delivery firm, and a leader in global infrastructure, water resources, buildings, mining, power & dams and oil & gas sectors. We provide program management and technology solutions for clients across the globe.
Primary purpose of the job is to support Building Mechanical work across global regions by providing technical assistance in mechanical design, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
The successful candidate will be keen and encouraged to develop design skills in their chosen MEP field to contribute to overall project designs. This will include becoming familiar with Standards relevant to the project location (e.g. Australian, British and American Standards)
- Provide technical expertise in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design and construction support for projects across Stantec.
- Liaise closely with regional stakeholders (regional project leadership), and in some instances external clients; and local RNet (Pune) team members.
- Produce mechanical deliverables (calculations, schedules, drawings, specifications), in accordance with applicable standards and codes for the project.
- Lead and foster a culture of continuous technical, procedural and QA improvement within the context of your projects.
- Build and develop your professional profile both internally and externally by consistently demonstrating an ability to successfully deliver projects. Earn the respect of your colleagues and engineers in the region.
- Bring value by meaningfully contributing to internal design team meetings, share experiences, make design suggestions, question evolving design intents etc.
- Assist in development of tools and constant improvement to procedures and standards.
- Personally execute any suitable design tasks within your skills and experience in order to develop schemes. Clearly communicate elements designed to the Engineer in the region.
- Invest conscious ongoing effort to develop “designer” abilities, product knowledge and construction understanding through interactions with Engineers, personal research, reading of codes, study and under the guidance of the Engineers in the region.
- Manage your time and priorities daily such that time is used productively, efficiency is maximized, and challenging work goals are met. Develop a reputation for reliability and consistency.
- Ensure quality and schedule for own work.
- Demonstrate flexibility and keenness to learn new skillsets and perform new services consistent with your role to suit strategies or changing demands.
Candidate may also be required to:
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by management.
- Working off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
- Traveling off-shore (secondments) to other Stantec global offices: for durations ranging from 3 to 6 months or as required.
The person must necessarily have the following skills:
- Communication skills – good command of written and spoken English (the position will require a high level of interaction with Stantec engineers, technical staff, project leadership (Project Managers, Project Technical Leaders) in other global offices, and on occasion end client representatives.
- Strong client service focus
- Organized work habits
- Stable career record
- Team member
- Quick learner
It is desirable that the person has the following skills:
- Able to make effective use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Title: Associate Building Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Design (calculations, schedules, specifications, drawings) of HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection equipment related to Building Mechanical projects.
- Proficient in use of typical HVAC design software from Carrier HAP, Trane, Camel, IES or equal.
- Ability to perform pump and pipeline sizing for plumbing systems.
- Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions.
- Experience of Australian projects will be an added advantage
- Travel & other job demands
The following skills will be very useful*
- Basic knowledge of CAD/BIM software like Revit MEP, and Auto CAD.
- Basic knowledge of Civil, Structural, and Electrical, disciplines.
- Skills are essential for the job, but can be easily learned after joining
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Design
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!