Spread the love
Position – Product Development Engineer, Simulations
Stanley Black & Decker
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Responsible for becoming intimately familiar with the makeup and function of Stud Welding Systems (SWS) & Self Piercing Riveting (SPR). Investigate and recommend cost-effective improvements.
- Designs develop and update mechanical systems employed in the company’s products and equipment for new applications, systems improvements, and cost savings.
- Participate in new/existing product launches via FMEA, DVP&R, 8D Methodology.
- Utilizes DFMEA to capture lessons learned for future usage and drive product improvement activities.
- Coordinates the specification, build, and installation of complete SWS and SPR systems to meet customer requirements.
- Provides technical assistance in mechanical matters to internal and external customers as required.
- Provides expert assistance to other areas as directed and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Perform simulations of different joint stack-ups to validate rivet/die combinations will meet customer criteria before creating physical joints
- Utilizes Finite Element Analysis & Computational Fluid Dynamics to mathematically model SWS and SPR systems as required.
- Utilize predictive software for weight savings, cost reductions, and engineering improvements based on simulation results.
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis & Computational Fluid Dynamics within Altair Hyperworks to mathematically model SWS and SPR systems as required.
- Utilize Destructive analysis software, Deform, for cold forming simulations involving the riveting process in SPR.
- Lead technical team meetings discussing simulation analysis results.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2+ years of related, on the job experience in detail mechanical design and development or applications development preferred.
- Understanding of principles of mechanical engineering theory along with general drafting skills.
- Understanding of engineering practices of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience in PDM (PTC/WindChill) systems at user level preferred.
- 4+ years of Unigraphics (UG) design experience preferred.
- 2+ years of FEA and/or CFD experience/coursework preferred.
- Working knowledge of Altair suite of products
- Flux (preferred)
- Charge (preferred)
- Working knowledge of DFORM or equivalent
- Good technical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- Experience with automation products, automated feeding, electro-mechanical products preferred.
Spread the love