Position – Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company – Stanley Black & Decker
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security, and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Currently, we are searching for a results-driven Manufacturing Process Engineer in Pune, India.
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Also, have extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure overall accountability for manufacturing process design, manufacturing fixtures, PFMEA, CAPA & RCA for product & process failures. Supplier developments for plastic & mechanical parts. All NPI product – Fixture design, Process design & build. Mold development for In-house molding.
- Evaluate supplier, a quality audit of supplier for new part development.
- Manage the development of part, prepare a timeline, follow up with supplier for development tracking.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Study production and machine requirements
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors, and suppliers
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Education: BE -Mechanical/Production
- Specialized knowledge: SIX SIGMA, Lean Manufacturing Principles, TPM, KAIZEN, process improvement, capacity analysis, engineering drawings, GD & T, Cp, Cpk, PFMEA. Knowledge of design & manufacturing of Plastic Molds, Press tools, PDC dies, Jigs & Fixtures, etc.
- Knowledge & Skills: Part development process for plastic & stamping, pressure die casting parts Skills. Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD,
- Abilities: Ability to work well under pressure, Multitasking & to work smoothly with all levels of company employees.
- Personal characteristics: Should be polite, respectful & prompt.
- Professional Certification: SIX SIGMA, Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience: 4-5 years.