Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Kennametal, Inc.
Exp. – 1 to 3 years
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling, and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering, and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, and YouTube.
Position Title: Pricing Specialist
This job will work under the supervision of the Manager. The person should understand to read the engineering drawing of toolings required by the customer. Should interact with Cross-Functional teams like Product Engineering & Manufacturing to check technical feasibility & manufacturing feasibility to make the right tooling solution both technically & commercially. A person should also be able to interact with vendors whenever required for getting the commercial offer for parts of toolings that need to be quoted. He should also interact with field salespersons of Infrastructure business for day to day activities in submitting the offer to customer requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Sales proposals /quotations for preforms finished wear products & conform clad items-Repeat, Similar items & specials.
- Coordinate with Plant & Engineering for the economic cost to win orders.
- Providing technical details to CSR to book orders
- Negotiate quotes from the foreign suppliers/principals to win the orders
- To keep updated records on the comparative statement of prices with respect to Government tenders.
- Providing required support to branch office/sales engineers to bag orders
- Interact with vendors to get quotes of vendor activities
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 – 3 years
- Creation & modification of MM# in SAP
- Reading & Understanding of Engineering drawing.
- Basic interpretation of MM production status.
- Able to find out Quote/Order number by using Drg. Number.
- Knowledge of handling SAP workflow system
- Order execution
- Collects all the details for making the commercial offer.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams.
- Checks supply conditions against customer requirements.
- Knowledge of KMT carbide grades will be preferred