Position – CAD Automation Engineer
Company – SPX FLOW
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Productivity enhancement by CAD customization will increase work efficiency, accuracy, and reducing the product development cycle time. With customization, engineering drawing and design of a mechanical component can be generated with great exactitude. Which enables engineers to produce faster configurable products for end-user applications solution integration.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop robust, efficient CAD customized applications as per standards to drive the productivity improvement objectives of the Engineering Departments
- Design and develop knowledge-based engineering applications in Inventor / CAD environments
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and their applications
- Working knowledge of CAD customization using C#, VB.NET, VBA, Inventor i-logic automation.
- Good exposure to CAD modeling (Expression based modeling), drafting and assembly concepts (Mandatory)
- Work experience in Integrating multiple applications User interface – CAD software – VAULT – SAP – DataBase (excel / SQL) through Visual Studio.
- Good understanding of Product Life Cycle Management (Vault), concepts and their application in the area of Mechanical Design, Manufacturing process management, Bill of Materials, Document Management, Product change/ configuration management, and collaborative product development
- Understand the basics of database structures.
- Work experience in SAP, material master.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge in data management software (SQL) and Advanced Excel in macros creation by using queries.
- Strong knowledge in Logical thinking and coding with respect to Inventor API.
- Create and deploy CAD tools from Customer-Front-End to Manufacturing.
- Create the proper and efficient testing loops and logic for developed automation software.
- Work closely with engineering teams to gather and process data and create proven applications in CAD systems.
- Understand the design intent and apply it along with the best practices to facilitate knowledge-driven development of product design.
- Experience working in a geographically diverse environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Minimum Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.
- With 7/8 relevant experience preferably in the design and development of CAD Customization applications
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working on CAD software (preferred- Inventor / dwg’s)
- 4-5 years experience in Software development preferably Inventor (iLogic & API) & SAP
- Good working knowledge of programming languages like C#, VB.net,
- Working knowledge on Database like SQL & Vault, PLM
- Excellent grasp of product design and manufacturing concepts
- Application maintenance Support and documentation for the project developed
- Code Optimization to improve the efficiency & ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Willing to add value through creativity, innovation & Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in ASP.Net, Webform creation, Windows form server-based application – An added advantage
- Phyton, PHP programing knowledge – An added advantage
- Add-In creations experience in Inventor – An added advantage
SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) is a world leader in sustainable solutions that ensure the controlled and measured movements of life’s essential elements. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, with operations in more than 30 countries and sales to customers worldwide, our 4,900 employees innovate to design, deliver and service high-value solutions that make life safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
Our processing products and technologies provide a wide range of essential capabilities for customers across the food, beverage, and industrial markets. Our unique expertise spans generations and engineering disciplines, allowing us to solve complex challenges and create scalable solutions that meet the strategic objectives of the companies that nourish and build our world.
Our team members are what make SPX FLOW special. Guided by our purpose and values, we embrace teamwork and leverage the strength of our wide range of talents and perspectives by embracing diverse points of view with courtesy and respect. We are passionate, approaching every project, process, and the problem with enthusiasm because our work matters—to consumers, to our customers, and to us.
Our portfolio of processing products and technologies is built on a foundation of decades of innovation for food, beverage, and industrial manufacturers, purposefully bringing trusted brands and technologies together to meet new consumer expectations and help our customers shape the future.
SPX FLOW draws on decades of experience in research and development and a culture of innovation to solve problems at scale – designing new products, creating new processes, and launching breakthrough technologies and digital experiences. From plant-based foods and pharmaceuticals to water treatment and manufacturing, SPX FLOW helps customers realize the future today.
We are a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and aftermarket servicing of highly engineered products and process solutions for a wide range of applications across the nutrition and health industries that incorporate homogenizers, pumps, mixers, valves, separators, and heat exchangers. Our trusted brands include APV, Anhydro, Gerstenberg Schroeder, Seital Separation, and Waukesha Cherry-Burrell.
We provide a wide range of industrial process solutions, featuring air dryers, filtration equipment, mixers, pumps, hydraulic technologies, and heat exchangers. Our products serve global customers in the chemical, air treatment, mining, pharmaceutical, marine, infrastructure construction, general industrial, and water treatment markets. Our well-known industrial brands include APV, Bolting Systems, Bran+Luebbe, Deltech, Hankison, Jemaco, Johnson Pump, Johnson Pump Marine, Lightnin, Posi Lock Puller, Power Team, and Stone.
Leadership – Our leadership team is committed to acting responsibly and providing objective, informed guidance, and governance. We respect and value the trust of our shareholders, team members, business partners, and the public, and prioritize the safe, ethical, and effective management of our company.
Global Presence – With operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 100 nations, SPX FLOW is truly a global company. Our manufacturing sites, innovation centers, and service centers in the Americas, Europe/Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions ensure we can meet our customer’s needs, wherever they may be.
Sustainability – We improve the world through innovative, sustainable solutions. We’ve launched projects at our facilities to save energy and reduce waste, and we engineer efficiency into our products and technologies to help our customers do the same. We put people first, we create opportunities for everyone and we give back to our communities. The focus we have on these five pillars empowers us to lead by example for our team members, customers, stakeholders, and communities.
Our Heritage – SPX FLOW has been a standalone company since 2015, with a heritage that dates back to the establishment of the Piston Ring Company in Michigan in 1912. Several of our brands, including Plenty, APV, Gerstenberg Schroder, and Waukesha Cherry-Burrell, have been trusted by customers for more than a century.