Position – Engineering Designer
Company – Smiths Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Under direct or indirect supervision performs a variety of design tasks using the Solid Edge software. These may include customer GA’s, Proposal drawings, Sketches, or Component drawings for manufacturing. All work is expected to be managed to agreed targets and be of the highest possible standard (error-free design).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, interpret and establish product requirements from customer requisitions.
- To design and release large varieties of Engineered-to-Order product designs through General Arrangement Drawings (GAs’), and Manufacturing drawings with high-quality standards using Solid Edge 2D and 3D techniques.
- To prepare libraries of Standard parts where required.
- To maintain timely support and excellent relationships with Site Technical Offices of respective countries.
- To use Engineering tools and perform basic Engineering calculations as required.
- To process Engineering Change Notifications.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and ensure agreed Corrective Actions are implemented consistently.
- Report performance data along with improvement plans (where applicable) by maintaining high ethical standards.
- Along with other team members, promote a culture of continuous improvement in the team environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in inequality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Should be a Diploma or B.E. in ‘Mechanical’ with 1-3 years of relevant experience in Design and Drafting activities which deal with precision machined components and assemblies.
- Good Engineering Judgement with Sealing Solutions or similar high precision assemblies.
- Strong hands-on skills in Solid Edge 3D Assembly/3D Part modeling/2D Draft environments.
- Good application knowledge of Fits, Tolerances, and GD&T.
- Basic manufacturing knowledge (Machining process).
- Committed to very high levels of customer service.
- To pay attention to details with good analytical skills and be a quick learner.
- Good written and spoken skills in English.
- Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with CAD Automation programming languages (like VBA) will be an added advantage.
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170-year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems, and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. The fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.