Position – Engineer -Product Engineering Bearings
Company – SKF
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Requisition ID: 17800
Career level: Professional
Contract type: Permanent
- Educational Qualification: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech (Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing)
- Years of experience: Minimum 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Define and develop engineering requirement specifications for bearing components and assemblies.
- Create and release engineering drawings & bill of materials using Engineering Change Management process.
- Define project schedule, release drawings for prototype, initiate Purchase Order, co-ordinate with vendor, conduct test in collaboration with Lab Engineers and modify design to meet performance requirements
- Collaborate with Product development centers to enhance strong engagement.
- Conduct Design reviews and get buy-in from all cross functional teams
- Drive projects independently and multi-tasking without losing effectiveness
- Create/Modify 3D model & drawings (Proposal & Manufacturing) based on the stakeholder requirements, CAD modeling issues resolution, demonstrate ability to incorporate GPS in product design (In Proposal, Manufacturing drawings, etc).
- To create Generic models of bearings and using the same to generate bearing variants.
- To resolve issues related to Windchill (PDM) activities, during uploading of CAD data, adding attributes values, creation of WT parts, etc.,
- To work & manage according to the product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process established by respective Product lines.
Mandatory Skills required to perform the job:
- Strong in Engineering knowledge.
- Experience in conceptual design and development activities from end to end solution.
- Strong understanding of PDP process along with other quality requirements.
- Knowledge in GD&T, Tolerance stack up analysis & Interference calculations
- Should be proficient in Modeling, Assembly and Detailing in Creo to take responsibility of Product Engineering activities.
- Experience on Design Automation, Map keys, UDF’s, Pro-Programming Pro-Toolkit is added advantage.
- Knowledge on incorporating manufacturing process methodology in Creo, Drawing release process and ECM Process.
- Proficiency in applying the Geometric Product Specification (GPS), Tolerances (Dimensional, Form & Surface).
- Knowledge in precision, accuracy, reliability & traceability.
- Knowledge and understanding in Metrology & Metallurgy aspects.
- Proficient in selection of materials for application / design requirements based on their behavior properties;
- Experience in application of measurement principles for manufacturing & other process;
- Proficiency in manufacturing & machining processes.
- Knowledge in product lines of SKF and their applications;
- Proficiency in Project Management & its value to the business processes.
- Knowledge on systems engineering activities for medium to large assemblies
- Exposure to Value Engineering & Should costing would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management Process
- Experience in managing full life cycle projects (Project management)
- Awareness of Quality Management System: ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949;
- Knowledge of different six sigma methodologies (DMAIC, DFSS, etc.) and tools; and,
- Knowledge on Metrology & Metallurgical activities.
Selected person will be a part of Roller Bearings team and will report to DGM-PD&E Bearing, Industrial-TRB/CRB.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.