SKF is Hiring | Application Engineer |
Position – Application Engineer
Company – SKF
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Contribute to opportunity generation and create customized value-added solutions.
- To contribute substantially in the development and implementation of customized solutions and other unique offerings
- To develop analytical methods, interpret and verify results from application engineering software’s to create value for customers
- To perform Application Reviews on complex machines and equipment
- To create application engineering proposals and customized solutions according to customer requirements and present to customer concisely with the application concept, design, and technical specifications.
- Monitor competitor activities in respect of products and technical development and define SKF actions plan to counter those.
- Work on customer key pain areas and develop solutions that can improve performance and result in business for SKF.
- To evaluate technical requirements and common trend in the market and provide feedback to SKF Product/ Application Competence Centers to steer new product/service design and development.
- To demonstrate, develop and transfer advanced engineering knowledge and expertise, on a high level, according to requirements in own field of work.
- To identify and develop customer needs, providing high level of creativity (develop Application Specific/ Services Offering based on product performance capabilities).
- To represent SKF and market products and services at customers and institutions through visits, presentations, seminars, and fairs.
- To develop and perform Root Cause Analysis of bearing related problems, also in new types of applications.
- To develop and execute internal and external trainings, act as a trainer and develop training material
- Ensure that the technical details of customer’s requirements, needs, and pain area are identified, compiled, recorded, and analyzed.
- Obtain customer’s product approvals in line with application proposals, product drawings, sample submitted and completed sample tests.
- Monitor customer approval tests conducted on prototypes/initial samples at customer’s premises/installations.
- Manage the portfolio of customer/technology related product development program for optimal profit
- Maintain close relationship with customer’s engineering management. Represent the voice of customer during Design FMEA & Process FMEA.
- No of New Solutions (New Market Offer / Engineered to Order/Application specific Offer ) introduced in the Segment
- No of Industry visibility activities done – conduct technical forums/ seminars with customer.
- No of internal trainings for the SKF customer
- Documented solutions for the customer.
- Failure’s modes of application and probable solutions.
- Mechanical Engineering Domain Knowledge- relevant work experience in Design/Application Engineering/Maintenance
- Experience of handling or working with OE/ End users.
- Result driven and passion to win
- Think and act decisively, and with clarity.
- Collaboration and Managing Internal and External Stakeholders.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.