Signify is Hiring | Assistant Development Engineer |
Position – Assistant Development Engineer
Company – Signify
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We’re looking for a Assistant Development Engineer to join our sustaining team in Pune.
As a Assistant Development Engineer you’ll be responsible for active component elimination based on there usages and prepare a report out and proposals for rationalization and collaborate with global lighting plants for rationalization and obsolescence of the components.
What you’ll do
- Provide support to all designers to perform component research and participate in component life cycle and evaluate all components for various processes.
- Data extraction from PM SAP databases, analyzing the data for component usage and active and obsolescence and consolidation of report out based on the historical usages
- Rationalization proposals for active components (electromechanical)based on the data analyzes of the SAP material components usages.
- Monitor, identify and resolve all lifecycle issues and assist various teams to identify appropriate resources and substitutes for components (electromechanical) – LED’s, drivers, PCB boards, housings etc.
- Utilization of change management tools such as SAP ECN (Engineering Change Notifications) to Change components within SAP, Check master data submitted by other departments and enter material group codes to the right product families
- Create UPC codes for finished goods, driving discontinuation and obsolescence projects to include component substitutions and ECN’s
- First article inspection and production release, Issue, and control of engineering documentation
- Support existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Actively participate in design reviews, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products.
- Analyze and develop solutions to resolve all issues associate with obsolete components and supplies and perform component level tests and perform various experiments on components.
- Perform various tests and evaluate all components and assemblies and analyze all failures for same.
- Ensure compliance to all sustaining processes and ensure compliance to all component designs and coordinate with team members to reduce timeframes for all products.
- Review and interpret all component data sheets and evaluate all components for various product applications and assist to assemble all new components and perform required tests on same.
- Manage all communication with manufacturers and distributors on all supply components and evaluate all results effectively.
- Administer ECR databases and maintain log of all requests and assist to resolve same and prepare reports for all component results and maintain progress for same on monthly basis.
- Document and provide support to all component activities and perform tests on product releases to ensure qualification of all products.
- Coordinate with engineering staff to evaluate and resolve all manufacturing issues for various products and document all procedures according to company standards.
- Evaluate all design and perform tests on various devices and ensure compliance to all international electrical emission.
- Manage master data within SAP including creating materials and maintaining material status
- Utilize either the GUIXT or SAP PLM material creation tool to efficiently process orders.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with 1 -3 years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering. Experience in the lighting industry is preferred electromechanical product domain knowledge.
- SAP skills or familiarity with product structures in other ERP systems are desired as well as strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Must be proficient in Data Management – ERP Tools.
- MS Excel – VBA Macros for data extraction report out with SQL would preference for data analyzes and relation databases expertise.
- Well-developed interpersonal, data accuracy and communication skills are also a must to achieve on-time completion of multiple projects.
- Experience in design & development of mechanical products (Lighting preferred) with strong technical experience in – New Product development, Sheet metal & Plastic design, 2D / 3D CAD package (Solid Works, Creo, AutoCAD) and manufacturing.
- Good hands-on experience on data extraction tools from SAP PLM with MS excel and SQL expertise
- Experience with and proven knowledge of injection molded plastic, die cast, sheet metal design, manufacturing methods & processes
- Should have strong knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations.
- Establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly, designing of mechanical parts which are manufactured, Good understanding of Solid works, PLM & SAP PLM system, requirements management for documentation control and workflow and engineering change management processes
- Well-developed written and oral communication & interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- Challenging environment aspiring careers
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!