Position – Turbo-compressor (Centrifugal) Service Engineer
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Thane, Maharashtra, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for Field Service activities & supervision of erection activities of turbo-compressors (Integrally geared, single shaft compressors etc.) at customer sites.
- Plan and co-ordinate on site supervision of service jobs (Major/Minor inspection/overhauling) and supervision of erection activities to interface with customer’s requirements
- Liaise with projects, engineering and other departments as required to obtain a full technical and commercial briefing prior to travelling to site.
- Carry out the field service & erection supervision activities to bring the package into service and obtain customer acceptance.
- Implement approved design changes that may be required to bring the product up to specification.
- Document problems encountered and design changes carried out whilst at site, for presentation at formal de-brief meetings.
- Maintain a full log of service and erection activities and record any customer delays during service job and erection activities, complete a concise report.
- Ensure compliance with company policy/customer HSE policy during all activities
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3-6 years of work experience as a Field Service engineer or erection engineer
- Willingness to travel to customer sites including on-shore & offshore installations for longer duration.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Positive attitude towards learning & contribution to business success
- Strong customer orientation
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Thane. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional