Position – Senior Engineer – Data Management
Company – EATON
Location – Puducherry, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward Senior Engineer- Data Management based in Pondicherry, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
The Senior data steward implements the product data life cycle maintenance for his/her division’s products in the AEM, ERP and PIM systems. In this role the data steward will receive instructions from the Central Lead Data Stewards (located in Europe) and from the Manager – Data Management (located in Pondicherry).
The Senior Product Data Steward will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of Eaton’s Product master data and thereby support the implementation of the balanced scorecard for the divisions of Eaton’s Electrical Sector EMEA.
- Analyze Product Master Data completeness and quality according the baseline/DQ rules in PDH.
- Set up the link between Product Master Data in PIM/PDH and AEM/Web (interface mapping).
- Maintain updates as required by the business organizations (Product Line or Country Sales Organization).
- Roll Out global prime Web pages to multiple Country Sales Organizations.
- Drive Continues Improvement for this process.
- Work with colleagues End2End cross systems to find the root cause in case of any issue reported.
- Trigger support processes as needed, e.g. Translation process
ERP – specific
- Migrate items to different ERP systems to enable sales synergy across systems
- Improve the data life cycle processes with the support of the central MDM team
- Send updates to local organizations with non-integrated stand-alone ERP systems
- Govern interface reports from master data interfaces
PIM – specific
- Execute the PIM evaluation in PIM systems according to the instructions received from divisional product management
- Trigger action according to the result of the PIM evaluation, in particular for data maintenance according to the ETIM classification standard
- Supply Excel spreadsheets or similar support to enable the subject matter experts in the product lines to assign the items to ETIM classes and to select feature values inside the ETIM classes.
- Enable the transfer from paper catalogs to data-base driven technical data publication by data-basing paper catalog content
- Implement the structures in the PIM databases after validation by the subject matter experts
- Create feature compilations for new tree structure branches
- Maintain item attributes in existing and newly created structure branches
- In alignment with divisional data stewards, flag attributes with the aim to support automated publication processes (data sheets, online catalogs, paper catalogs, segment focus, etc.)
- Define – in alignment with subject matter experts – text creation rules on the basis of attributes populated before
- Support the divisions both in the data maintenance process for new products as well as in backlog resolution projects
- BE/B.Tech Electrical /Mechanical
- 3 – 5 years – Proven and solid experience working in the following ERP system: both SAP and Oracle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in Solid works and AutoCAD a strong plus
- Strong data analytic skillset
- Good interpersonal skills and planning ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly ethical and able to work in cross functional team
- Experience in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) or any other Web publishing tool/content plattform is a benefit.
- structured Data Models (managed in hierarchies/taxonomies).
- Understanding of one IT program language could be a further benefit
- MS Excel, SAP & Oracle
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only