Position – Manager – Electrics and Mechanics (Cost and Value Engineering)
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Manager – Electrics and Mechanics (Cost and Value Engineering)
Nashik or Kalwa Mumbai | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
- Evaluate and calculate best cost and value position for electrical and mechanical systems, parts and components, e.g. transformers, housings, power supplies, through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers, methods and tools.
- Ensure transparency in materials, production processes, related costs and improvement potentials through application of appropriate tools for should-costing/bottom-up Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO) and Design to Cost (DtC).
- Collaborate closely with cross-functions like R&D / Engineering and Procurement in our Siemens Mobility locations in India and world-wide.
- Evaluate cost impact of alternative technical options (materials, manufacture methods) during the product development process and in re-designs.
- Identify, quantify and drive supply chain productivity improvement measures and support Procurement in supplier negotiations
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 5 years along with bachelor’s degree above degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronics ideally accompanied with Economics / Business Administration skills
- Professional experience in product development, systems engineering, production engineering, procurement engineering or cost engineering for electrics, electronics and/or mechatronics.
- Advanced experience with cost modeling, ideally using Teamcenter Product Cost Management, and process analysis.
- Detailed knowledge on production and manufacturing processes, including equipment and cost structures of systems, components and materials used in the electronics / mechatronics industry.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills in cross- functional project teams.
.Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Nashik or Kalwa Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time