Position – Design Engineer – Steam Turbine Engineering
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana
Looking for exciting role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers an outstanding comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for designing, modeling and drafting of Steam turbine components and assemblies in NX considering full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost efficiency, manufacturing ﹠ technology, assembly and service).
- Prepares and checks assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts as per standards requirement and creation of Bill of materials
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Shop /site for evaluation of non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and site issues.
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Proposal team for bidding purposes as and when needed.
- Knowledge of aspects of Mechanical Integrity of steam turbine components is added advantage
- Knowledge of product development process of a product.
- Knowledge of Quality Management system
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- M.Tech / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 7-10 years’ prior experience in R&D / Engineering as Design Engineer in Steam Turbine industry.
- Sound Technical knowhow of Steam turbine Design and its functionality.
- Knowledge of Design Tools like ProE, AutoCAD, NX and systems like SAP, Team Center.
- Hands on experience of crafting 3D assemblies / Models / Drawings / SAP
- Experience on two domain(Design +Mechanics(Abaqus / ANSYS) would be added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and encouragement, and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers