Siemens is hiring | Structural Engineer |
Position – Structural Engineer
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Plans, calculates, designs, develops, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational mechanical concepts or subsystems.
- Develops mechanical components.
- Tests mechanical components.
- Identifies and selects components, materials, parts and semi-products appropriate for mechanical system design.
- Creates mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechanical design concepts.
- Calculates and creates final layout including documentation and specification for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintains technical product files.
- Analyzes existing development procedures and suggests improvements.
- Implements or tests design solutions.
- Upgrades the design of existing devices by adding mechanical elements.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Mechanical engineering (4 – 8 years of experience)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience(e.g. Turbo machinery or Heavy Machinery)
- Prior experience in the software “Ansys” is preferred (Workbench & APDL)
- Experience in developing structural design for mechanical components
- Knowledge about the structural design of large castings, welded structures and forged components.
- Good understanding of HCF/LCF and fracture mechanics
- Experience In analytical calculations of bolted/welded constructions
- Experience in definition of contacts , Nonlinear analysis, Buckling Analysis etc.,
- Exposure to certification requirements for WTG components or similar
- Exposure to International standards on safety and mechanical design
- Align simulation activities and pas criteria with the design teams for each wind turbine platform to secure proper design and integration
- Drive technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers
- Ensure time and quality in the deliveries to our development projects
- Task coordination and priorities, as well as task execution of key tasks
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.