Position – Production Technician – Locomotive
Company – Siemens
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Production Technician – Locomotive
Dahod | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
We are currently looking for a Production Technician, Locomotives at our project sire in Dahod. Production Technician, Locomotives will report to Production Manager, Locomotives
The job responsibilities of the Production Technician, Locomotives include (but not limited to)
- Prepare daily loading plan in-line with the production plan to achieve the daily production target
- Actively participate into the standing meeting to progress everyday and contribute to the planning of the weekly / monthly target for the production.
- Execute daily production activity through the workmen, resolve daily challenges or highlight challenges to run the production without disruption.
- Update the daily production updates to the Production Manager with daily KPI target vs actuals.
- Confirming the production by first time right by ensuring in production quality control and mitigation for the quality issues without making any delay in production.
- Acquire hands-on skills to execute Locomotive production and carry out elaborate training & qualification of the Indian Railway staff to achieve desired quality & productivity with zero defect and safety incident.
- Upgrading production skills by job rotation in the team so on job skills development can be done during normal production for the key manufacturing process.
- Supervise Indian Railways (IR) staff to produce manufactured products and organize & monitor workflow.
- Timely handover of complete assembled Locomotive to the testing team adhering the timeline, quality, and cost.
- Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating output target, quality, productivity & safety expectations; planning, close monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining IR staff; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Create assembly flow process and required manpower at each station and allocates job cards to Indian Railways Staff
- Ensures not only assembly quality but also the health of the machinery along with best EHS practices.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring and upgrading processes, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within team
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, reporting progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing production standards maintaining 5s in shopfloor.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide manufacturing information production performance records and data
- Adhere to the defined and revised systems and procedures for ensuring operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control
- Follow up with logistics team for timely delivery of material for Production.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and collaborating with IR personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain harmonious working relationship with IR staff and representatives by following the terms of engagement with them
- Resolve personnel problems & maintain data for investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending CFT workshops for improvement and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Should have 0-10 years’ experience in rolling stock domain. Experience in Rolling Stock Production, and Leading People.
- Should be proficient in Gujrati and Hindi.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office suite
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach with problem solving skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Dahod. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers