Position – Associate Engineer – Maintenance
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g., digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
This role of Associate Engineer-Maintenance is for Mechanical Routine Work Preparation/Work Packs intended to help Mechanical Maintenance engineers in work planning and implementing the standard work packs for routine maintenance of mechanical rotating/static equipment’s
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Primary responsibility in preparing work plan/packs for daily, weekly, monthly routine planning in SAP PM Module for Rotary, Static equipment’s
- Responsible for preparing/developing routine work plan with comprehensive work packs from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs , Asset best practices , technical implementation letter (TIL) etc., for rotary equipment like pumps, compressors, turbines etc., and static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves PRV’s/PSV’s, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc. as per Shell Standards
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Planning Routine work orders in /SAP PM and building library work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for time & condition-based maintenance, breakdown maintenance, ordering parts required, service or tools required, estimating time required, Estimating cost of work order, network mapping and quality check points for minimum assurance tasks.
- Review’s scope and workorders on completeness and schedule do ability, returns workorder to gatekeeper (OMC) if not complete,
- Identifies safety precautions necessary to safely perform tasks, Initiates Management of Change (MOC) process if required, Orders materials and services in GSAP. Process invoices in Track, UWL including financial close out
- Participate and comply with all safety programs. Assist with the continuous improvement and implementation of standardized work processes for effective maintenance planning. Stay current with mandatory training.
- Planning of PM workflow (MX01 +MX09) Mechanical, , Cleaning (MX09)
- Adept in handling hazardous and toxic products as per MSDS and deriving appropriate cleaning methodology and disposal of wastes
- Focus on personnel safety and environmental safety by adopting correct cleaning & disposal methods and identifying required PPEs as per MSDS
- Coordinate with Operations, vacuum truck, and other stakeholders to ensure all required equipment are in place prior to opening the system
- Routine Planner should determine (in consultation with maintenance/operations) what is required in terms of resources, tools, etc.) and build the workpack /routine plan accordingly
- The Routine plans/ workpacks are multi-disciplinary (E/I, Mechanical, scaffolding etc.); The planner will have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge; for detailed knowledge he/she should work together with colleagues from operations and maintenance.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permit to work.
- Planning of end-to-end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders.
- First level diagnosis of damage history, determining the failure mode based on anomaly reports and information given in corrective maintenance work request/ notification.
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material, and service requirements availability before the job begins.
- Customize the equipment make and model specific work packs into site specific workpack by adding site conditions and parameters.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the workpacks as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for the heavy-duty equipment based on the information extracted from maintenance manuals, collate any additional information about equipment & its spares, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the workpack.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Shall be able to demonstrate the capabilities of supporting remote assets with their routine maintenance planning. Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- Sound knowledge on work prioritization, production critical threats, safety systems management and statutory compliances.
- The candidate should have worked in the capacity of and now be able to work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, Scheduling to develop a plan for executing the work on field. This also involves coordination knowledge with Electrical, Instrumentation and Service Support Teams and basic idea about their work planning mechanism
- Understand the concept of work clustering for complex multi-discipline scopes using scheduling tools like Primavera to be able to optimize timeline for a shutdown or campaign.
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels, across diverse time zones.
- The role will involve working in shifts (Afternoon/Evening/Late Evening Shifts) to have enough interface with the asset/plant to be supported remotely/virtually.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multitask simultaneously.
- May involve travelling to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2-5 years of overall working experience in Field operations and maintenance in Oil & Gas / Refinery/Petrochemicals Industry/equivalent industry.
- Should have Field Maintenance, Planning experience of rotating equipment like airfins, compressors centrifugal pumps etc., maintenance of static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- Experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, work packs for scaffoldings, Insulation packages, work and manpower/HOTT estimation for major maintenance/ overhauling of the rotary/static equipment’s.
- Skills at professional level in GSAP, w-IMS, AIM, MS-Office. Ability to be familiar fast with different IT tools
- Strong attitude for Learner Mindset, Eager to make the things better without supervision, Works effectively in a Team environment and build consensus.
- Communication proficiency in English is must, Comprehension in speaking in English language is must.
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/ Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement and Knowledge of Lean CI methodology is an added value.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.