Position – Piping Designer
Company – Siemens
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Well orientated with Piping design code and standards as ASME B31.1, B31.3, IBR, API and associated codes for Power Plant piping work.
- Preparation of Line List, 2D TG Hall Layout, Piping Layout, Civil and Structure design inputs in 2D CAD software under minimum supervision.
- Work in Bid phase for basic Piping & Layout engineering work. Identify and clarify contract ambiguity, prepare CRS, MOMs and collect vendor offers for costing.
- Prepare Piping BOM with time bound and cost optimization approach from 2D/3D environment.
- Able to calculate pipe size, thickness, material selection, pressure drop and IBR thickness calculation.
- Have understanding of various types of fittings, valves, specialty items and Power plant process equipment.
- Basic working on 3D modelling software CADISON/PDMS for piping engineering activity. Have exposure of various CAD formats.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E. (Mechanical) with minimum 3-4 year working experience or Diploma (Mechanical) with minimum 5-6 years of working experience in Piping Design & Engineering field.
- Have hands on experience of drawing preparation in Auto Cad (2D environment) and 3D modelling in CADISON/PDMS software.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based out at Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations (project sites) in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time