Siemens is Hiring | Mechanical Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Engineer (Material and process requirements)
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Mission: To define material and critical process requirements applicable to metallic materials to be used in WTG component manufacturing.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Mission: To define material and critical process requirements applicable to metallic materials to be used in WTG component manufacturing.
- Mechanical characterization of metallic materials: steel, casting, forging, welding.
- Supplier/Material qualification.
- Coordination of test campaigns to be performed by material suppliers or external laboratories.
- Leadership and coordination of fatigue test campaigns and presentation of results.
- Technical support to WTG certification projects.
- Fleet and Industrial support: Non conformities management
- Knowledge in bolted joints
- A solution-oriented mindset paired with excellent communication skills
- Occasional travelling to local suppliers and our production, prototype and suppliers’ sites may apply.
- Mechanical characterization of composite materials: fibers, resins, adhesives, cores.
- Material qualification of composite material/FRP: test plan definition, analysis of the results and final reports.
- Materials and process engineering support for manufacturing, design and repairs of composite
Mobility: Travelling to SGRE offices, testing facilities, material suppliers or manufacturing plants.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE SERVICE
Other relevant data to be transmitted to the supplier
- R&D experience will be considered
- To be Methodical and decisive
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, genderidentity/expression,sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.