Position – Design / Project Engineer – Smart Manufacturing Solutions (VT Tool Design)
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Your mission will be to work on various project and deliver the high-quality services to our internal customers. To be the one of key member in Smart Manufacturing Solutions – Tool design team.
In this role, main responsibility of the candidate will be
- To support Manufacturing Engineering Department Globally for design and development of Tools / Equipment’s and various kinds of ME activities.
- To adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures to execute the project and guide the internal team during project execution, with the objective of delivering the assigned work as per the defined quality and timelines within the limits of GECIA’s processes, structure, and guidelines
Detail scope involves –
- Design of Assembly Tools – all kinds of tools required in entire assembly shop. This includes Lifting tools, Bearing pressing / de-mounting, precision components assembly, Assembly stations, trolleys, Tools on conveyor’s, Assembly trolleys / transportation trolleys.
- Design of Service Tooling’s – Tooling required for servicing of Pumps.
- Design of Process specific tools – like Kanban trays for chemical washing of precision components. Tools for process improvement.
- Design of Measuring Tools, gauges, 3D Printed Fixtures, Tools for Prototype testing
- Design of Machining Fixtures – for precise components.
- Test set up design for NPI projects. Some Test set up includes complex arrangement of piping, Test instruments, lay outing, Test benches.
- Participate in Tool Design Review activities.
- Continuous interaction with applicants from ME Team for input clarification and maintain transparency in Project Status updates.
- Should co-ordinate within GECIA team members and lead the project.
- Participate in technical discussions within the team with focus on – Quality and manufacturability of the Tool
What you can expect from us?
Atlas Copco is a home of industrial ideas. It is more than 146 Years old Organization. Atlas Copco GECIA is a Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco, based in Hinjawadi Pune. As a part of this organization, you will be exposed to international projects for manufacturing Segments.
You shall be working on implementing the latest technologies / Platforms under Industry 4.0
What we expect of you?
Candidate should have core Tool Design experience of 2 – 5 Years.
- Lean manufacturing techniques for designing tools
- Various manufacturing and heat treatment processes.
- Various machining practices with their influence on cost.
- Material selection capabilities, understanding of global engineering standards (ISO, DIN, etc….)
- Knowledge about CE certification for assembly / lifting tools.
- Creating manufacturing drawings with appropriate tolerances.
- Application of GD & T
- Good analytical skills.
- Should be able to perform basic FEA on tools designed.
- Awareness of Tool Room / Machine shop / Production environment.
- Knowledge about hydraulics & pneumatics
- Knowledge about Automation in Tool Design / Mechatronics / Sensors is added advantage
- Candidate having practical tool room + tool design experience will be added advantage.
- CATIA V5 / V6 & Creo.
- PDM/PLM experience on 3DX / ECTR / SAP / MAPICS will be added advantage.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical Engineering.
- Additional qualification in Tool Design will be added advantage
Self-Committed, Good communication skills in English, Team player, Quality conscious & Result oriented.
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 13th May 2022
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. We´re everywhere!
Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow. Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning.
Interested in being part of our team? Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.