Position – Gas Turbine – Combustion Mechanical design engineer
Company – Siemens
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for a challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented.
- Responsible for designing and creating product definitions of Gas Turbine Combustion and casing components (e.g., combustion liner, nozzles, transition duct, fuel piping system, Exit diffusers, casing, etc.) to meet the full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost-effectiveness, manufacturing requirements, and technology, assembly requirements and service requirements)
- Applies appropriate methods that focus on robust design, like tolerance stack up, GD&T, analysis, standards, and design rules.
- Working on 3D modeling software UG-NX to finalize the design concept and work closely with FEA analyst/CFD engineer to do the design changes to finalize the product design.
- Create, understand, review & modify manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components.
- Create/review bill of material, Material Master, and inspection specification of GT components as per SIEMENS standard practice in tools like CPD Teamcenter, PLM & SAP.
- Regular interaction with FEA analyst, HT engineer, and Aero-designer (as part of concurrent engineering, and manufacturing to finalize the conceptual design.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds:
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering/design from recognized college/university.
- Experience in Gas Turbine combustion components will be preferred.
- Proficiency and experience in creating/reviewing manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components.
- Proficiency and experience in design tools, 3D CAD software UG-NX, SAP, PLM, CPD Teamcenter.
- Exposure & experience in model-based definition or PMI will be preferred.
- Good understanding of creating bill of material, Material master, material specification etc.
- Working experience to apply GD&T & tolerance stack up.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical design and mechanical integrity to perform simple hand calculations.
- Good communication skill in the English language (Verbal & Written).
- Strong interpersonal skills i.e., team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Site ( Gurgaon ). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.