Position – Manufacturing Engineer – MV Vacuum Circuit Breaker
Company – Siemens
Location – Thane, Maharashtra, IN
Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
Join us! We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
- Daily production planning and control as per turnover target.
- Organize, monitor, and control the assembly area regarding delegation to employees, working procedures, material, processes, and tools, so that, safety, quality, delivery and cost targets are met.
- Provide support to technicians by coordinating within different departments (such as Logistics, Warehouse, Design etc).
- Monitor and record key performance indicators for assembly groups. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid problems.
- Conduct meetings with respective team members. Discuss the status of production operations. Gives regular feedback to technicians about safety & quality issues.
- Plan, assign and assist in the training and development of technicians. Tracks progress by updating the skills matrix and development plans.
- Organize, lead, and execute improvement projects and activities.
- Handling of internal & external ISO audit. (Documentation, processes, employee trainings)
- Tracks input man hours Vs output man hours for releasing monthly productivity figures for responsible assembly group.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- B. E. in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically, up to 0-2 years of experience in a directly related field and successfully demonstrating Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented in the
- English Language – Candidate must have professional written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills to communicate and interact effectively as a leader for the assigned production area
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)– Basic Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing – Basic knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
- Computer knowledge – Basic knowledge of computers and office productivity programs such as spreadsheet software and presentation software.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised groups. Understand and apply supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action on the shop floor.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working approach as per business requirements.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills for resolving issues related to technicians at grass-roots levels.
WE’VE GOT QUITE A LOT TO OFFER. HOW ABOUT YOU?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about department at: http://www.siemens.co.in/about-us/siemens-financial-services-equipment-financing.htm and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers