Siemens is Hiring | Manufacturing Engineer |
Position – Manufacturing engineer – Shop supervisor
Company – Siemens
Exp. – 0 – 2 years
Location – Thane, Maharashtra, IN
Siemens is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, the company creates technology with the purpose of adding real value for customers. By combining the real and the digital worlds, Siemens empowers its customers to transform their industries and markets, helping them to transform every day for billions of people. Siemens also owns a majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, a globally leading medical technology provider shaping the future of healthcare. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
- Daily production planning and control as per turnover target.
- Organize, monitor, and control the assembly area regarding delegation to employees, working procedures, materials, processes, and tools, so that, safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met.
- Provide support to technicians by coordinating within different departments (such as Logistics, Warehouse, Design, etc).
- Monitor and record key performance indicators for assembly groups. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid problems.
- Conduct meetings with respective team members. Discuss the status of production operations. Gives regular feedback to technicians about safety quality issues.
- Planned, assign, and assist in the training and development of technicians. Tracks progress by updating the skills matrix and development plans.
- Organize, lead, and execute improvement projects and activities.
- Handling of internal external ISO audit. (Documentation, processes, employee training)
- Tracks input man hours Vs output man hours for releasing monthly productivity figures for responsible assembly group.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B. E. in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically, up to 0-2 years of experience in a directly related field and successfully demonstrating Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented in the job profile.
- English Language – Candidate must have professional written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills to communicate and interact effectively as a leader for the assigned production area
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)- Basic Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing – Basic knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
- Computer knowledge – Basic knowledge of computers and office productivity programs such as spreadsheet software and presentation software.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised groups. Understand and apply supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action on the shop floor.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working approach as per business requirements.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills for resolving issues related to technicians at grass-roots levels.