Position – Industrial Engineer – General
Company – Siemens
Location – Thane, Maharashtra, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- We are looking for a qualified Production Planner to organize production according to demand and quality standards.
- Provides timely planning and scheduling of manufacturing work orders to the shop floor. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations and customer delivery.
- Creates manufacturing plan based on sales forecast and plant capacity.
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Plan and prioritize manufacturing activities to ensure maximum production performance
- Create routing and release production orders in SAP system.
- Convert planned orders into production order.
- Ensure PR availability in the system if required take MRP run or make necessary changes in production order.
- Coordinate with Design team for timely release of design drawings & SAP BOM entries.
- Determine material requirement dates based on project execution plan and incorporate these dates in material milestone dates
- Set adequate material ROL’s based on its consumption.
- Forecasting of various raw materials needed to cover production demand and giving requirement to Purchase team/CSPL.
- Coordinate with purchase team for timely availability of all material as per production schedule & ensure optimum levels of inventory.
- Release job picklist & shop consumables to stores with withdrawal schedule for issuing the material kit to the shop floor.
- Collaboration across various functions like Production, Purchase, Marketing, Quality, Design and Commercial to ensure smooth functioning of production activities.
- Coordinate with production team to develop potential solutions to improve production performance & implement process improvements
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Degree in Engineering Mechanical/ Electrical / Production or any relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry
- Good knowledge of production planning, raw materials, production processes, and quality control principles.
- Knowledge of MRP (material requirements planning) / ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and take independent initiatives when the need arises.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Kalwa ,Thane where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.