Siemens is Hiring | Graduate Trainee Engineer |
Position – Graduate Trainee Engineer
Company – Siemens
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Title – Graduate Engineer Trainee
Siemens Global Business Services (GBS) is a Siemens Service Company that provides innovative digital solutions and customer-oriented business services. With more than 20 years of experience, Siemens GBS taps into its understanding of how organizations and businesses work to seamlessly integrate, digitalize and optimize business processes with a portfolio that covers end-to-end business needs.
Change the future with us
- A Solutions Designer supports our Building Automation Sales Group.
- Building Automation Systems (BAS) control various components within a building’s structure, such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC). Components of a BAS include: controllers, sensors, output devices, communications protocols, and a user interface.
- The primary responsibility of the Solutions Designer is to complete sales estimates for the sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, scope of work creation, and risk analysis.
- Final deliverables include the final cost estimate and proposal. The Solutions Designer allows the Sales executive to increase customer prospecting, increase customer engagement and focus on bidding strategy.
- Lead, coordinate and assume responsibility for the timely generation of a cost estimate and proposal.
- Perform take off: quantify equipment & device counts from bid documents.
- Interpret sequence of operations for point count, material and required control devices.
- Interpret specifications for all required labor and all code related requirements.
- Understand organization of Master Format Specification and identify 3rd party integration requirements.
- Create system network riser diagram.
- Develop Bill of Material (BOM) and Scope of Work (SOW).
- Develop subcontractor technical bid package and coordinate activity and strategy with Procurement team and Sales Executive.
- Obtain quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
- Develop final customer Proposal.
- Communicate and collaborate with a remote sales and operations team located in another time zone.
- Learn and use company design, bid, and quote tools.
- Work with the sales team to answer technical and pricing questions.
- Maintain complete documentation for all work performed to generate estimate and assist in turnover process when estimate/proposal becomes an order.
- Participate in Cost Review and Technical Handover meetings with operations team.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Diploma Engineer in Mechanical or Electrical field required.
- Prefer Building Automation Systems (BAS) successful experience and demonstrated competencies in the components of a BAS including: controllers, sensors, output devices, communications protocols, and user interface.
- Prefer knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC systems, mechanical systems.
- Prefer ability to read and interpret mechanical and building automation bid specifications.
- Prefer understanding of buildings and ability to identify HVAC system equipment requiring automation.
- Desirable to have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system.
- Prefer knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Prefer knowledge of building construction process.
- Fluent in English language.
- Fluent in French language (those assigned to support Quebec).
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Able to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. But you’ll also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.