Position – Executive – Buying Professional
Company – Siemens
Location – Aurangabad, Maharashtra, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting – edge Energy Management Division
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You are proficient in managing the availability and delivery of right delivery of right quality materials at the right time, price and terms.
- You are skilled in reviewing technical specifications and bill of quantity; checking and discussing with process managers / production engineers to determine / search suitable manufacturers / suppliers
- You are an expert in leading day-to-day relationship with suppliers, transporters, from placement of order till delivery of shipment, rate negotiations while ensuring achievement of service and quality norms for smooth flow of operations & supply of required items
- You will analyze the scope of supply and contract agreements, analyze risk, finalize negotiations and contracts with the project managers and contract managers.
- You excel in improving the operational efficiency by eliminating obsolescence and achieving cost reduction through vendor development, curbing rework & rejection, materials management and inventory control
- You are responsible for ensuring alignment to procurement processes and compliance.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You are an Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in procurement.
- You have relevant experience in switchgear industry.
- You have knowledge of procurement of electrical panels, cables, cable termination, switches & secondary items etc.
- Experience in procurement from domestic & import suppliers with experience of subcontracting.
- You are analytical and deft at root cause and costing analysis.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Aurangabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time