Position – Design Engineer
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Implements and optimizes technological concepts concerning solution.
Job description: Design engineer
How to contribute to our vision
You will be involved in developing hub design configurations for the next generation of wind turbines. This position requires you to work with areas such as concept design for systems, which will be prepared using primarily steel, cast iron, composites, and aluminum materials by following standard SGRE design process according to Eurocode, certified guidelines, etc. You will be a part of high-performing teams where you together with them will ensure that developed concepts are feasible to implement. you will be a part of write, create and deliver certification reports, CSD packages and other design documents. Lastly, you will get the possibility to optimize existing designs and come up with new cost-effective solutions.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense of the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Graduate/Postgraduate in Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience within the structural field and a maximum of 7 years
- Experience creating 3D/2D models in software like NX and being familiar with Eurocode and common guidelines and standards.
- Experience in the wind domain will be preferred/Added advantage.
- Good practical understanding of mechanical component manufacturing, assembly, and service requirements. You should deliver the drawings as per industry standards.
- Prior experience on the design of bolted/welded and forged/casted constructions.
- Sound knowledge of GPS/GD&T
- Working knowledge of PLM / Engineering Change Management process
- That you have a thorough and structured approach to your work and can find innovative solutions to problems.
- You are an independent and proactive self-starter and persistent in reaching your goals.
- You strive in a cross-functional, international setting and understand team dynamics.
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.