Position – Manufacturing Engineer 1
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
To develop and maintain sales model product compatibility in the ERP based business process. ERP supports the worldwide sales of the Machines. This position is for an experienced, individual contributing on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
The position requires thorough, detailed knowledge of company products and product applications. A detailed understanding of Product Configuration is essential. Must have analytical ability and initiative, be results-oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Written and spoken fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are also an asset. The position typically requires a four-year college degree in the Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing stream. In addition, three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible job-related experience and previous experience as a Product Configuration Analyst is required. Incumbent initiates communication with others outside the immediate work group to work on new ideas and counsel others. The ability to listen and guide others is critical to the success of this job. The incumbent must have multiple application experiences or equivalent work knowledge.
The incumbent need to have considerable Machine business and Product Configuration experience.
The key responsibilities of this assignment are:
- Comply with standards developed by Technical Analyst for a product configuration in an ERP system.
- Develop/maintain sales model product compatibility.
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPI) groups, and create compatibility to all NPI products.
- Interact with Engineering personnel to ascertain accurate and clearly defined feature or part number compatibility.
- Interact with Pricing personnel to ensure the feature code assignment is accurate and coordinated with Pricing condition entry setup in the system.
- Meet regular schedules for introducing the product compatibility changes to External/internal users relying on configuration to meet their ordering needs.
- Provide timely response to Local Change Coordinators / Material Master Owners in coordinating changes resulting from Bill of Material synchronization and other engineering change notices.
- Participate with team members to develop standards for the feature presentation of product compatibility. The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout the Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries. These contacts include engineering, Product Group, Pricing, and NPI groups. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review many possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals, including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc. The position changes the way work is performed to meet quality goals for the measures stated.Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .