Position – Associate Engineer – Reliability Rotating
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Asset Register, BOM, Maintenance, Turn around, Rotating Equipment, and CMMS.
- Effectively work with the team for Maintenance, Reliability & Turnaround Data, and the documentation process and deliver it successfully by ensuring quality assurance, to meet/achieve their plant maintenance data request management KPIs’s to meet 100% by bringing process improvements through automation and continuously improving the process.
- Perform reliability engineer role and other technical functions, with a scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units and manufacturing sites. This role is expected to help rotating equipment engineers in implementing the standard maintenance strategy for preventive/corrective maintenance of various equipment uniformly in various operating units across the Shell.
- The primary responsibility in preparing/developing comprehensive maintenance strategy from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs, etc., for equipment’s like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines, etc., as per shell standards.
- These revised maintenance strategies and reliability improvement plans should include a detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling/maintenance of each equipment/installation.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for reliability studies and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies of how the actual maintenance activities for rotating equipment have been planned and performed in various Operating Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and also a thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- The Asset Register shall be complete for all equipment in MEC scope and maintained in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Defining Functional System Priority considering the Production Loss Equation, Asset, and Environment Consequences. RAM Matrix is used for this activity. Based on the prioritization of the Functional System, RCM Study is conducted using tools like w-IMS, w-RCM, etc. Equipment care tasks shall be defined and documented in a GPO-approved IMS application. The Engineering disciplines shall be accountable for defining equipment care tasks and optimize them for a benchmarked competitive cost. After proper review of these risk-based recommended strategies/tasks, by Reliability Team, the same shall be updated/implemented in CMMS/SAP.
- Create/Develop Standard Work Instructions/Standard ways of working for PM data management for assigned processes viz. Plant maintenance Master data management Process, Run and maintain Process for Operating Units and other assigned processes.
- Quality: Maintain Shell data minimum standards for data input to ERP and CMMS systems across the operating unit. Manage relationships with Asset, Functional, and TAO-based technical authorities, subject matter experts from the business, engineering managers and leads, operation managers, etc.
- Shall be able to prepare/developing asset structure, SCE review and implementation, and bill of materials (BoM) using the equipment’s drawings, circuit diagrams, PEFS, P&IDs, operation, and maintenance manual of OEMs. Data gathering for the reliability analysis from CMMS, maintenance manuals, best practices, etc. Perform Gap analysis between the P&ID’s and CMMS maintainable data.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge on rotating equipment, valves, and reliability engineering. Solid experience in maintenance project management and facilitating continuous improvement. Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at different seniority levels and experience working with different cultures. Support the operational units via a virtual environment. Knowledge/Proficiency in the SAP PM/MM module is an added value. Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Office, Power BI, etc. is highly desirable.
- Design and implement condition-based maintenance programs for critical equipment. Perform regular equipment inspections and collect condition monitoring data such as vibration analysis, thermography, and oil analysis, technology-enabled CBM. Analyze data and make recommendations for maintenance and repair activities based on the condition of the equipment. Work closely with other maintenance and operations teams to ensure effective planning and execution of maintenance activities.Keep up-to-date with the latest condition-monitoring technologies and methodologies.
Translated Company Description
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering degree with 2 years+ or more of work experience in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals industry and exposure in Condition-based maintenance.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.