Position – Senior Thermal Design Engineer
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Thermal Engineer will be a key contributor to ensure the thermal readiness of the product through activities of Design, Simulation and Tests.
Education & Overall Experienc e:
B.E/BTech in Mechanical – with 4 to 6 year’s experience.
MTech – Thermal Specialization – with 2 to 3 year’s experience
Responsibilities and Relevant Experience:
- Prepare the thermal layout, design and cooling solutions for electronic equipment, batteries.
- Experience in heat dissipation solutions using natural & forced convection. Hybrid cooling with Air & Liquid is an added advantage.
- Perform heat transfer calculations using first principles for initial sizing
- Sizing and selection of fans, thermal interface materials, heat sinks, heat pipes, spreader plates, cold plates.
- Experimental thermal setup and testing using temperature sensors, thermal chambers and/or wind tunnels for component and system level validation.
- Experience in deriving the thermal loads for electronic devices is preferred.
- Documentation of test results, simulations setup and results.
- Hand’s-on experience with Steady and Transient simulation using ANSYS IcePak, Flotherm.
- CAD modelling exercise using Creo, Solidworks.