Position – Engineer Quality
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Purpose of Position
To perform Incoming inspection of parts coming from suppliers according to the Part drawing specifications /standards. Timely communication of issues to the suppliers and regularly monitoring the performance of suppliers and documenting the actions for the issues raised to suppliers. Identify and monitor CTQ’s to find out the supplier process capabilities and give trigger for process capability improvements at supplier place. Daily co-ordination with plant operation team for the issues related to parts in assemblies and supporting the lines for smooth running. For co-ordinating the completion of Calibration of IMTE’ s as per the schedule and according to the IEC standards. For facing internal/External/Certificate & Customer audits related to incoming and Metrology
Responsible for the Incoming Quality Control related activities as under.
- Making Incoming Quality Control Plans and identifying the inspection methodologies for inspecting all the parts that we are getting from the suppliers
- Co-ordinate for Gauges/Fixture making for the parts where the datum’s arresting is difficult and inspection lead times are high
- Periodic review of IQP’s w.r.to the design (by being a part of DCN meetings) & RM changes and the history of issues observed in assemblies
- Monitor supplier performance on monthly basis to ensure that defect free supplies. Monthly updation MIS at Incoming and at all the display locations
- Analyse the issues related to sourced items and initiate the actions
- Responsible for on time escalation of quality issues to concerned suppliers through I2P/G8D/NC’s raised in web Portal and effective monitoring of updation of documents
- Responsible for Identify training needs of Incoming inspectors, execute the trainings as per the plan and timely monitoring of training effectiveness.
- Train the inspectors on GD&T and inspection methodologies to enable them in understanding and following the right inspection according the different profile of parts.
- Training inspectors in Quality modules of SAP for inspection, material movement & for rejection/scrap transactions
- Drive Component Robustness Initiatives and monitor the effectiveness of actions initiated through the project
- Monitoring SPC for critical Parameters(CTQ’s) and drive action Plans to improve Process Capability & reduce internal and supplier PPM
- Identify & Drive Quality improvement projects at Incoming and on assembly lines
- Regular monitoring of the rejections happening due to supplier issues and co-ordinate for sending the rejections back to suppliers with the help of SQE on time with proper communication.
- Ready to face the audits related to incoming Quality by maintaining all the required inspection records (including RMTCs) and documents of Calibration for IMTEs
- Responsible for training the inspectors and conducting MSA for all the measuring equipment and to able to take actions if the R&R values are going beyond the specific requirements
- Responsible for making the plan and conducting the part reliability tests as per the PVP (Part verification Plan) and drawing requirements
- Drive standards relevant to manufacturing, Quality & Safety Eg: ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 18000 etc.
- Effective Quarantine area management and reduce the aging and inventory value
- Supplier Quality
- Process Quality
- Technical Antenna / Design
- Ware House Team
Measure of performance
- Supplier Performance(PPM)
- G8D/I2P Effectiveness
- Quality clearance lead time
- Making of effective Quality plans for parts
- Effective implementation of right measurement methodologies for all the existing, new & localized parts
- On time Calibration Performance
- No of FAIR (First Article Inspection Reports) completions On time without any error
- Part reliability testing compliance
- Special projects on Quality improvement at incoming and in process
Background and Skill:
- BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering with Min 4 to 6 Years of experience in Incoming Quality Control, Metrology and supplier Quality development in engineering / manufacturing industry.
- Exposure to press shop, molding, stamping, forging, Welding, Electroplating, Heat treatment & Precision Manufacturing processes will be an added advantage.
- Six sigma – Green Belt (Mandatory Requirement)
- 8D / A3, Problem solving methodologies
- GD&T, Inspection methodologies & Calibration
- PFMEA & Control plan
- Excellent communication, convincing & Presenting skills
- ISO 9001:2015, TS-16949(Preferred Internal Auditor)
- Well versed with Quality Module of SAP
- Knowledge on Metallurgical tests and standards (Thermoplastics, Thermosets & Steels etc.,)
- Effective Team Management
Primary Location : IN-Telangana-Hyderabad