Position – Design Engineer- Electro-Mechanical
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with global and local product management to define and design/redesign mechanical structure of Schneider Electric Enterprise UPS products based upon customer feedback/ requests related to quality improvements or enhancements on existing products
- Participates in the upstream phase of the study (functional analysis).
- Designs/develops new products and subassemblies in a specialty.
- Conduct and participate in Root Cause Analysis, Brainstorming solutions/suggestions, Validation and verification of solutions until implementation
- Validates design by carrying out Simulations, production of prototypes.
- Fully responsible for the complete verification and validation of design standards UL, IEC.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in plastic part and sheet metal design.
- Pro/E expertise with large assemblies and sheet metal enclosures.
- Experience in structural analysis and simulations.
- Proficiency in GD &T, Tolerance manager, Tolerance stack up analysis
- Good knowledge of Materials and manufacturing process, DFMA
- Validate the prototype as per requirement
- Experience in using design FMEA & Conduct technical review meetings
- Experience in working with High power and large size UPS systems will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge in Electro-Mechanical part/product design.
- Good knowledge in validation/verification of Electro mechanical concepts, parts etc.
- Excellent problem solving ability, with a knack for technical innovation
- Able to work in cross cultural and cross functional global teams.
- Experience in packaging design and QVE activities
- Good knowledge of environmental impact on Industry, Marine and data center solutions
- Knowledge of product lifecycle and PMP/PEP process
- Knowledge in PDM tools (MDM, Symphony, Genesis etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with ERP systems, mail communication and process related databases
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able exhibit technical skills, amongst both peers and clients
- Passionate team member, who can motivate individuals across different disciplines
- Good knowledge of analytics
SCOPE & SIZE
Will be part of 20 members team reporting to Engineering head & working specifically on Medium to High Power UPS systems. Will be supporting Global teams
Bachelors or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or) Equivalent
A minimum of 6 to 8 years of relevant experience.