Position – Mechanical Engineer 2 (Water)
Company – Black & Veatch
Location – Vikhroli, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 80733
Job Title : Mechanical Engineer 2 (Water)
Business Unit sector : CPL-BVOPS-ENGR & DEV SVCS
Department: BVCPL BV OPS EDS MECHANICAL
Work Location : INMUMBAI2
Opportunity Type : Staff
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Employment Status: [[employmentStatus]]
Recruiter : Daniel Miranda
Under close supervision, performs engineering functions requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles. This level builds on experience gained as Engineer1 by either obtaining more depth in specific subject area with the expectation that assignments are larger and more complex, or by gaining experience in more subject areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
- Continues developing knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares and verifies less complex engineering deliverables
- Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Seeks out supervisor or project leadership to share information and gain guidance with respect to details of design and interdisciplinary coordination
- Coordinates with others as assigned by supervisor or project leadership
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 1 year related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.