Position – Deputy Manager- Quality
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Perform regular line audits and monitor in-process quality checks and ensure implementation as per the defined protocols. Support the in-process quality team to execute their jobs effectively and resolve issues. Review final inspection reports and approve. In case of any deviation decide on further actions and decide on accepting / rejecting the batch.
- Experiance in Mechanical /Electrical Assembly
- Assess most capability analyses and understand the needed capabilities to meet quality/customer needs Develop and implement functional acceptance tests (FAT) based on customer requirements
- Develop Quality Control Plans based on engineering, regulatory, and statutory requirements, where applicable
- develop sampling plans and procedures
- Implements proper risk mitigation methods (Poke-yoke, Jidoka, SPC*, etc…).
- Receive in process rejection sheets from production on a daily basis,
- Analyze the rejection rate and approve it.
- Visit the lines where there are issues, understand issues; coordinate with the concerned departments to take corrective action.
- Monitor quality cost /Product & Process performances on a monthly basis and ensure within limits.
- LIS (Industrial Lot Qualification) / ECN (Engineering change note) Implementation:
- Receive new / modified parts tested in the production. Monitor the rejections and prepare the LIS report. Decide acceptance / rejection of LIS.
- Thinks several steps ahead in deciding the best course of action,anticipating likely outcomes
- Analyzes existing issues to identify significant and repetitive ones, and initiates the Problem to Prevention process to solve the underlying problem
- Effectively involves required stakeholders and proactively
- communicates the status of issue resolution effectively
Quality System and Continuous Improvement
- Implementation knowledge in the Integrated management System(ISO9001,ISO14001&ISO18001)
- Represent the Organisation as MR(Management Representative) and Prepare internal audit plan and schedule and drive internal audits.
- Coordinate with the concerned departments to close the NCs on time by taking corrective action.
- Able to lead complex Continuous Improvement projects
- (8D, Kaizen, Lean 6 Sigma etc.) either after achieving the required
- competency or certification and coach others
- Delivers often multiple improvements in waste, variation & defects through a process-driven approach, makings decisions based on data using statistical analysis where appropriate & focusing on the Customer impact whether internal or external
- Helps creates a process driven environment & a culture of
- Continuous Improvement, facilitates management teams to identify
- and select process improvement projects
- Has a Black Belt level of Lean 6 Sigma knowledge, can be Black Belt certified
- Knowledge in Schneider Production System
Employee supervision and training:
Lead and Manage Team to implement the Quality systems and procedures
Monitor the performance of the subordinates, conduct periodic review meetings and give inputs to them. Identify training requirements and ensure suitable training. Offer on the job training and evaluate effectiveness
Quality support for new projects
During implementation of new projects, validate and qualify the process and products. Support in implementation as per the standards. Report the actual deviation and support in correction and corrective action. Qualify based on the specified protocol or standard. Circulate the qualification reports to the concerned team.
- Has basic understanding of the different Customers and their performance drivers in own area
- Understands how Schneider measures Customer Experience Performance
- Knows the delighting points and the hot points of the Customers in own area
- Able to examine data to detect what to improve in Customer
- Experience & Quality
Experienced : 3-6 years.
Qualification : Diploma /BE in Mechanical/Electrical