Position – Cad Automation Engineer
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Schneider Electric is an energy management company and produces products and solutions related to Energy management. Schneider Digital is an IT backbone for Schneider Electric. Digital Engineering, a practice under Schneider Digital provides the Offer creation community of SE with the tools, processes, and applications to enable product creation and management.
PDM Data Operations team based out of India under Digital Engineering ensures data is effectively migrated from legacy systems to standard PDM built on PTC Windchill. PDM Data Ops team deals with data from legacy PDM apps, Creo, Solidworks, Unigraphics, Autocad among others and migrates it into PDM using ETL tools like Pentaho. The team uses custom built loaders to load the data into PDM.
This role is a Full-time Employee Position. The person for this role will report to PDM Data Ops team leader in India.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interact with Business stakeholder and gather requirements related to the Migration.
- Develop or maintain the Offline checker tool developed in-house on VB.Net framework to ensure the Cad data received from BU satisfies the requirements to be loaded into PDM and generate the load files that can be loaded using the MCAD loader.
- Report the findings to BU and assist if any explanation required on the report.
- Develop or maintain the MCAD loader developed in-house ( JAVA based) t o load the MCAD data into PDM.
- Execution of migration activities: Extract, Transform and load data into PDM.
- Be an integral part of the Data Ops Scrum team and follow the Agile process followed by the team.
Technical Skills (Required):
- Experience with one or more CAD tools (Creo,SolidWorks,NX)
- Expertise in programming knowledge on VB.Net using CAD APIs
- Minimum working knowledge on PDM applications (preferably PTC Windchill)
- Experience in working with JIRA
Technical Skills (Good to have):
- Exposure to Windchill Bulk Migrator (WBM)
- Experience in Java programming
- Knowledge on ETL tools
- Focusses on how effectively the work is delivered rather than only delivering the work expected.
- Good Communication skills
- Good logical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good team player and collaborates well with the team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse workplace with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs.
Languages: English (must)
Qualification: BE/Btech in Mechanical Engineering or any other equivalent qualification.
Qualification: BE/Btech in Mechanical Engineering or any other equivalent qualification. 2.5- 5 years of experience
1.5 – 3 years of experience