Position – Piping Designer – Resource Center India
Company – SBM Offshore
Exp. – 5 to 10 years
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
As an Internal Employee we value the contribution you make to SBM Offshore. See how a change in role doesn’t just develop you further but also us.
- Proficient in executing work using intelligent 3D CAD systems like PDMS, E3D & MDS. Experienced in using AutoCAD.
- Work with Lead, engineers to develop concepts/Conceptual studies, Equipment Layouts/ Safety & Escape Route layout for piping designs that effectively meet project requirements.
- Modeling of Equipment & Pipe routings in accordance with P&IDs, equipment datasheets, and stress requirements using PDMS.
- Extraction/Preparation of Equipment layout drawings, Piping GAD’s, Pipe Support GAD’S, Safety layouts, Special Pipe Supports.
- Modeling of Pipe support in MDS in line with industry standards, and client specifications.
- Extraction and annotation of Isometrics and support drawings from the 3D PDMS Model.
- Review of Vendor drawings and implement in the design.
- Perform Clash checks, Data Consistency checks prior to issuance of AFC deliverables.
- Co-ordinate with Inter-disciplines in a timely manner to avoid rework for finalizing the Piping design.
- Prepare MTO’s-Piping Bulk, Insulation & Pipe Support.
- Plan and deliver assigned tasks accurately within the agreed time frame.
- Prioritize activities and effectively manage conflicting deadlines ensuring continued progress to meet the schedule. Proactively provide Lead Designer with status updates.
- Good knowledge of international codes & standards.
Bachelor of Technology/Diploma – Mechanical
5- 10 years relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience on piping design for Offshore Oil and Gas facilities – Wellhead platforms, Fixed Process Platforms, FPSO topsides modules & Turret Mooring System.
Ensure your Lucy profile is up to date and inform your manager before you apply