Position – Material Planner
Company – Sartorius
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
For Sartorius India Pvt. Ltd., we are looking for a Material Planner for our growing Order Execution Department in Bengaluru. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing the planning strategies within operations. The holder of his position will oversee the review and capture of the planning processes and procedures in line with the company quality system. The goal is to oversee the facilitation of new product introductions from project BETA phase to fully integrating the product into operations, ensuring on time to marketplace and without shortages.
For Sartorius India Pvt. Ltd., we are looking for a Material Planner to join our team in Bangalore. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing the planning strategies within operations. The holder of his position will oversee the review and capture of the planning processes and procedures in line with the company quality system. The goal is to oversee the facilitation of new product introductions from project BETA phase to fully integrating the product into operations, ensuring on time to marketplace and without shortages.
What you will accomplish together with us:
- Co-ordinating with operations, engineering, purchasing & quality team to attain production goals.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Create and manage production schedules which support agreed forecasts and delivery target dates
- Ensure that production lead time is realistic compared with materials availability
- Identify and expedite shortages in a timely manner
- Assist in supporting business functions through advice and problem solving
- Communicate proactively with internal customers
- Control the sequence and priority of materials and services to be supplied to production cells across a range of products
- Work proactively with Sourcing to solve existing or anticipated material supply issues including storage capacity planning
- Ensure that unforeseen procurement delays do not impact manufacturing timescales
- Create, analyze and publish monthly team metrics
What will convince us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering.
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a technical environment within a production company
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience in materials management and production scheduling in a production environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experienced database usage/management
- Effective problem solving, communication and organizational skills
Why Sartorius | Advantages
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Ambitious goals and significant growth: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
- Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.